Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rejoining the Royal Navy?

I left the Royal Navy back in 2008 after serving 4 years. I'm now contemplating on rejoining but need some advice.

If i rejoin i'd want to rejoin doing a different job maybe ETME or AET ( I left as a ETWE) can someone give me some advice on the following questions.

What is the minimum amount of years i'd have to sign up for if i were to rejoin ?

I know that i will need to do the recruitment test again but if things don't go to plan and i fail to meet the correct score needed to join as a ETME or AET how long would i have to wait before re applying again?

Do you still receive extra pay for being away from base port? If so what is the current daily rate?

SWS Fag

Lantern Swinger
I think it's still the same as when you joined last time, 4 yr RoS. You still get sea pay and all that good stuff when away from base port. Couldn't tell you what the wait time is to redo your RT

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Thanks guys for your replies to my post.

With regards to the daily pay rate for being away (on deployment) from base port has that changed within the past few years? I've heard that the daily rate for being away from base port has been reduced by quite a lot and you only get the daily rate of pay when your out at sea and not when your alongside port is that true?

danny

War Hero
Thanks guys for your replies to my post.

With regards to the daily pay rate for being away (on deployment) from base port has that changed within the past few years? I've heard that the daily rate for being away from base port has been reduced by quite a lot and you only get the daily rate of pay when your out at sea and not when your alongside port is that true?

No the daily rate (LSA) has not been reduced although the number of days required for each band has been reduced so you may actually be in a higher band than you were. As far as I am aware you get this still everyday you are away from your base port, alongside in Guz/Faslane if your a pompey rating for example.
Although I do think the amount of none you receive in a foreign country has been reduced, although I'm am not certain.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Rejoining the Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
O Rejoining Checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
S Medical- Rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
H Rejoining- recruit test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
L Medically discharged at Raleigh - chances of rejoining? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Matthew Rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
JKelso Rejoining the RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
L Rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Matthew Rejoining Joining the Royal Navy 8
Matthew Rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
T Ex WE thinking about rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
T Rejoining the RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Overandout Help on rejoining RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
I Rejoining... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
A Rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S Rejoining the RNR (ex reserve) Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 8
M Rejoining Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
muskovardo Will this stop me rejoining? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
D Rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
E Rejoining the URNU SCC and URNU 4
O Rejoining after DUDT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
S Rejoining RN with a P8 Medcat Health & Fitness 2
C Seriously considering rejoining the mighty RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
J Rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A Rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
M thinking of rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Ninja_Stoker Former Service: Transfering to or rejoining RN/RM Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
F Rejoining RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 13
W REJOINING THE CORPS The Corps 5
creddly So are ex-service personnel rejoining known? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
duggers20 rejoining the Navy as a diver Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
H Rejoining The Corps 4
C Rejoining BRNC after Voluntary Withdrawal From Training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
U Rejoining and CIS Branch Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 12
U Rejoining and CIS Branch Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
MoD_RSS Security Minister speech to the Royal United Services Institute MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World-class autonomous minehunters to protect Royal Navy MoD News 1
AccessHeritage Royal Navy's Use of The Infernal Machine History 19
MoD_RSS Royal Navy warship sails into Arctic Circle for High North operation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal Mail to collect COVID-19 test kits 7 days a week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Immigration Act receives Royal Assent: free movement to end on 31 December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Royal Navy concludes first joint exercises with Egypt MoD News 0
Rai999 Permanently medically unfit ( Royal marine commando Joining the Royal Navy 4
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Royal Marines train with cutting-edge autonomous technology in Cyprus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Helen’s Law receives Royal Assent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal Appointment of Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Prisons MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sentencing Code granted Royal Assent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seizes over 450kg in the largest methamphetamine drug bust in the Middle East MoD News 0