Rejoining the Royal Navy?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by lknights1987, May 10, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I left the Royal Navy back in 2008 after serving 4 years. I'm now contemplating on rejoining but need some advice.

If i rejoin i'd want to rejoin doing a different job maybe ETME or AET ( I left as a ETWE) can someone give me some advice on the following questions.

What is the minimum amount of years i'd have to sign up for if i were to rejoin ?

I know that i will need to do the recruitment test again but if things don't go to plan and i fail to meet the correct score needed to join as a ETME or AET how long would i have to wait before re applying again?

Do you still receive extra pay for being away from base port? If so what is the current daily rate?
  2. I think it's still the same as when you joined last time, 4 yr RoS. You still get sea pay and all that good stuff when away from base port. Couldn't tell you what the wait time is to redo your RT

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

4. Thanks guys for your replies to my post.

With regards to the daily pay rate for being away (on deployment) from base port has that changed within the past few years? I've heard that the daily rate for being away from base port has been reduced by quite a lot and you only get the daily rate of pay when your out at sea and not when your alongside port is that true?
  5. No the daily rate (LSA) has not been reduced although the number of days required for each band has been reduced so you may actually be in a higher band than you were. As far as I am aware you get this still everyday you are away from your base port, alongside in Guz/Faslane if your a pompey rating for example.
    Although I do think the amount of none you receive in a foreign country has been reduced, although I'm am not certain.