Rejoiner aged 43

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I've processed a couple of Killick Chefs, older, more than five years outside for re-entry as a Chef's under Op Jules Verne, in less than six weeks flash to bang.

Neither were as highly educated, but again, I've put bucket-loads of graduates in as Other Ranks or Ratings because that's what they wanted.

Sadly, with effect from the day before yesterday, I'm no longer a careers adviser, but I know one or two, if that helps :)

OP's track record at RR indicates a perpetual need for help with making decisions, therefore an ideal candidate for the Wardroom.

OTOH I'd suggest he opts for the Army where there'll always be a Sergeant Johnnie at his side ready to indicate (... 'Ermmm - wid respeck, Sor...') the best of any limited hand to play.

Sadly, with effect from the day before yesterday, I'm no longer a careers adviser, but I know one or two, if that helps :)
Drat! Another barrel (and Pigeon sandwiches??) we never even had a sniff of.

Serious Head on - A huge BZ to Nina Stroker @Ninja_Stoker for your timely and valued advice to all us humble RRatters old & new.

Best wishes in your new role & enjoy Christmas

TTFN

OBO your dearest & cheapest

Bob L

Aha - but this little drama Queen looked back a little further than '18 Months'...

Seriously, but not knowing what you want/need out of life, the Army seems to have made you a good offer so I'm rather puzzled to understand why you might consider walking away from it?

I've processed a couple of Killick Chefs, older, more than five years outside for re-entry as a Chef's under Op Jules Verne, in less than six weeks flash to bang.

Neither were as highly educated, but again, I've put bucket-loads of graduates in as Other Ranks or Ratings because that's what they wanted.

So You've hung up the press gang kosh? Good luck in Your new roll.:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
A Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
Harry Von UPO/Careers Office 16