Rejection criteria for the Army...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by thingy, Jan 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Army: Admissions

I presume that this may have some relevance to those joining the Senior Service.

Commons Hansard: 21 Jan 08, Col. 1584W

2. Satanists get it in the neck they would accept islamic fundamentalists then ???
  3. I wonder if they'll accept Jedi - it's an official religion now you know ;-)
  4. How come you can be a matelot Satanist and not a pongo Satanist?

Methinks there could be a valid discrimination case there, and maybe some compensayshun!
  5. There IS a valid discrimination case here. The Human Rights Convention makes it clear that it covers religious or similar philosophical beliefs! Then there is the issue of those Pentecostal churches that practice child torture/killings to supposedly drive out devils. If such people are allowed in, then so should Satanists.
  6. I thought the matelot satanist in the news not so long ago had his religious views changed to "no religion" in order that he could practice satanism. As opposed to actually changed to "satanist".
  7. ...But Satanism is as valid a religious choice as Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism or Jediism... :)
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ho-hum, the RN rules state:

Service life precludes membership or support for extremist groups or organisations. The Naval Service has a ‘Zero Tolerance’ Policy towards discrimination or harassment and is determined to eradicate any such behaviour within the Service."

The caring, sharing "Currant (or should that be current, Norm?) Bun" however indicates otherwise, albeit 2004.
  9. That excludes tree huggers then! ;) Sorry Norman..... :lol: