Regular to SCC

pegleg

Midshipman
Out of interest, does anyone know at what Rate an individual with previous Regular Service (CPO/SSgt) would go into the SCC at?

pegleg

Midshipman
VMT dunkers, is that Tri Service, im an ex Booty Cadet Sgt, joined the Regular Army, currently SSgt (CPO), would like to go back to the SCC when my 22 years are up.

Rincewind

Lantern Swinger
Actual text book answer is:

as long as there is not a greater than 4 year break of service you may enter the corps at an equal rate/rank to that of your service rate/rank where applicable, under the discression of your (SCC) commanding officer and District Officer.

Where it is felt nessesary, you may be steered towards Officer Selection Boards as an alternative.

And ther may be examples of where the Break in service can be longer

Example, we haven an ex Chief Stoker RN, been out 12 years and he has been allowed in as a CPO with invitation to attend OSB

Rincewind

pegleg

Midshipman
Rincewind said:
Actual text book answer is:

as long as there is not a greater than 4 year break of service you may enter the corps at an equal rate/rank to that of your service rate/rank where applicable, under the discression of your (SCC) commanding officer and District Officer.

Where it is felt nessesary, you may be steered towards Officer Selection Boards as an alternative.

And ther may be examples of where the Break in service can be longer

Example, we haven an ex Chief Stoker RN, been out 12 years and he has been allowed in as a CPO with invitation to attend OSB

Rincewind

VMT Rincewind, very helpfull :wink:

Soggy

Midshipman
I am currently in the RNR and have just moved up to the wardroom. I am a TI in the SCC, can I apply for SCC officer status based on my RNR status?

spursgirl

As far as I am aware, if you have been succesful at AIB, the SCC Officer Selection Board (OSB) may be waived, but that is at the discretion of your Area Officer.

Obviously, the requirement to complete the SCIQ Course and hold a CRB Disclosure still stands.

Hope this helps!

Rincewind

Lantern Swinger
Soggy said:
I am currently in the RNR and have just moved up to the wardroom. I am a TI in the SCC, can I apply for SCC officer status based on my RNR status?

Grey area.

The ASO Weapons for Southern Area is a Cdr in the RNR and was a PPO in the SCC, eventually after refusing to go further as a Snr Rate the SCC Caved and handed him Lt (SCC) rank.

Depends on circumstances but i would argue that as the SCC Ranks are RNR then as an officer in the RNR you should be entitled to wear your RNR uniform, be treated like an officer and wait for someone sensible to catch you up with the paperwork.

R

DOSD

Rincewind said:
Soggy said:

Grey area.

The ASO Weapons for Southern Area is a Cdr in the RNR and was a PPO in the SCC, eventually after refusing to go further as a Snr Rate the SCC Caved and handed him Lt (SCC) rank.

Depends on circumstances but i would argue that as the SCC Ranks are RNR then as an officer in the RNR you should be entitled to wear your RNR uniform, be treated like an officer and wait for someone sensible to catch you up with the paperwork.

R

Not quite correct. The ASO Weapons is actually a Lt Cdr (CCF) and a S/Lt (SCC).

Hammy514

Midshipman
I was a CPL in the Army and had to dothe whole CI thing , not amused that they made me do a basic course. I was issued with the compulsary egg to suck though

Latest Threads