Regrets, I've had a few....

Pontius

War Hero
Sorry, I read it all wrong. I've had a few and thought you wrote something else:

PICT0987Egret.jpg

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Beeline said:
Dropping out of A levels, dropping out of college, dropping out of teacher training/uni, dropping out of my apprentiship, dropping out from the county team, splitting up with my soulmate, that night that I don't ever want to speak of 8O , not moving away when I had the chance, most of all- JIM.
You too? :oops:
Fooking about too much in 6th Form and failing mock As, thereby leaving school and getting into the Corps thing...hold on nah I don't really regret that one at all.
Ditching a QPR programme signed by the entire team and their opponents that day Liecester City '76-'77ish, as well as a decades worth of others because I was having a bit of a declutter! Be worth at least the original cover price of 20p now!

Gombear

War Hero
Opting to leave the RN instead of accepting an offer of a draft onto the Royal Yacht if I stayed in.

I reckon that decision caused me a lot of grief for some years; and I mean grief.

Still, mustn’t crumple, eh? :)

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Regrets? Let me see...

- Not taking up the offer of being signed by Sony with my old band as "We are in this for the fun, not the money"

- Not nicking that mahoosive portrait of Saddam when clearing some bunkers on Op Granby

- Not shagging that fit girly mate, who was hanging off me in sympathy, when i separated from Mrs Blackrat the first

- Trying to win the loudest fart competition in Germany and ending up with what can only be described as shepherds pie in my boxers, in front of the entire Squadron

- Setting off the fire alarms and nicking the fire equipment when coming in pissed because "The guard looked too fucking slack" and being found, in my room, asleep across the fire barrow

- After spending over an hour drinking and chatting with legend actor Richard Harris, declining his offer of going out for something to eat as i had to be elsewhere (he died a week later)

soleil

War Hero
When my father was in hospital on Christmas Day 2003 after a fall and surgery on his broken hip, letting myself be persuaded by my Mother that she, my brother and I should all go home for lunch and visit my father again later that day, despite my great misgivings .........................

Getting a phone call at 1500 asking us to return to the hospital, to be told that he had suffered a cardiac arrest and passed away at 1430.

That regret will be with me for ever.

Rumrat

War Hero
soleil said:
When my father was in hospital on Christmas Day 2003 after a fall and surgery on his broken hip, letting myself be persuaded by my Mother that she, my brother and I should all go home for lunch and visit my father again later that day, despite my great misgivings .........................

Getting a phone call at 1500 asking us to return to the hospital, to be told that he had suffered a cardiac arrest and passed away at 1430.

That regret will be with me for ever.

Sol, I sat in the Queen Elizabeth for hours with my dad. Almost dropping with exhaustion I was persuaded to go home.
On arriving home I received a call to say dad died within minutes of me leaving the ward. You cannot beat yourself up over matters of fate. :(

One big regret was not being able to tell my Mum I loved her, she died young, as did my dad.

I regret the day I ever passed for a PCV (PSV) licence, it is arguably the worst employment a person could undertake and retain a pleasant disposition. An empty bus/coach is a happy bus/coach. Fuckin public. :twisted:

labrum

War Hero
As a young Marine staying at Stonehouse for the Argyll Bowl being persuaded by a sprog ossifer that dropping through the skylight into the Officers' Mess galley in order to knock up a couple of egg banjos following a run ashore was good idea....

Only having one child she's the dogs knob and I should have had 10 if they all turned out like her.

Shagging my psychiatric nurse on return from Iraq in 2003

Opting to deploy to the Adriatic when my father was dying of cancer I managed to get home 3 days after he died.

Not twatting the skipper of YORK who wouldn't let me go home.

Shagging my best mates wife when he was on LRCC

Not doing the London marathon

logging on to Diamond Lils earlier

Not being able to drink good whiskey or brandy without depositing the contents of my large stomach into the toilet bowl

losing my rate for ABH in 1982 on the way back from the South Atlantic.

Not passing my AIB cos I'm thick as fcuk