Register: "Supersonic stealth jumpjet makes 'short landing'"

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Feb 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Royal Navy in particular is desperate to get the Lightning II as the new British aircraft carriers will not have launcher catapults under current plans

Untill we stick Navalised Typoons on!!!! :D
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Register: "Supersonic stealth jumpjet makes 'short landi

Likewise the Tornado has beem sent to Afghanistan, to lessen the Harrier profile in an operational environment as the Typhoon isn't ready for ops, but at the same time trying to strengthen the argument against Aircraft Carriers and justify three separate aircraft-operating services.
  3. Re: Register: "Supersonic stealth jumpjet makes 'short landi

Bang on. And not just to lower Harrier profile, but raise Tornado's and save it from the chop.
  4. Re: Register: "Supersonic stealth jumpjet makes 'short landi

More like save the RAF from the chop

5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Re: Register: "Supersonic stealth jumpjet makes 'short landi

You old cynic you, with an attitude like that anyone would think you were a stoker :lol: The RAF are our friends, we are all on the same side pressuring govt for the same things, I know that's true because the Glen Torpy told me so :roll:
  6. Re: Register: "Supersonic stealth jumpjet makes 'short landi

Sadly true :roll: Way over budget, about 15 years too late and fit for airshows only. Far better to have bought batch 'N' F16s at the time but that wouldn't have kept the good people of British Wasteofspace employed so here we are, years later, with a machine that's struggling to equal what we could have had for years and would have cost at least 7 times less than the Typhoon.

When I say 'we', I mean, of course the Armed Forces 'we', not the FAA. With all that spare dosh we (the FAA) could have either got the FA2s upgraded with bigger donks or bought a few crates of AV8BII+ until the JSF comes along.

Anyway, what do I know. I'll stick to the crossword at 37000' and boring the poor old First Officer with amazing stories of defeating everybody single-handed, as only SHAR mates can :D
  7. here you go JFH and PONTIUS :wink: EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT :lol: :lol: Oxygen on 100 per cent radar master s/w on. Overload fuel s/w on! compass variation set. Randezvous lights on. Start up 50 per cent power on. On brakes and away chocks. Taxying !!!nod on the nose wheel, as we check brakes. Bow cat launch!, unfoled wings, nose bobbles as it enters the rollers! Standstill, up deflectors, release brakes throttle back to idle. 34 knots of wind over the deck, bridle on!!! amber to green Flyco. down chocks, off brakes, Tension, FDO, Green flag,wind her up to full power. 97.5 per cent 45 25 25 ,gloved hand up from pilot. FDO Drops the green flag, and away we go those magnificent men in their Buccaneer machines :lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. Re: Register: "Supersonic stealth jumpjet makes 'short landi

I`ll have you know its very good at Airshows well worth th umpteen million already spent to provide entertainment. and better value for money than the Premiership. :D
  9. Re: Register: "Supersonic stealth jumpjet makes 'short landi

Wow, that's a lot of 'stuff' to do and I would have forgotten it all after 100% oxygen (to cope with the copious quantities of red wine in the Wardroom the previous evening).

How about: key in, start the noisy thing behind your lugholes. Rev up engine to annoy the fisheads on 2 deck. Taxy to the nice white lines in the middle of the boat, wait for the bloke with the pretty flags to wave to you again (such a nice bloke, always says hello) and then full throttle and a touch of nozzle as you leap off the ski-jump. They had to make it easy for me 8O
  10. Re: Register: "Supersonic stealth jumpjet makes 'short landi

So PONTIUS no Bolter! Bolter! Bolter! for you :lol: check out smooth talking Little F :roll: ( ex Bucc Pilot Sommerville Jones) Ps 8hrs from bottle to throttle :roll: :roll: