Regimental march?

Discussion in 'History' started by barbarasson, Sep 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am organising a Tri-Service dinner this autumn. What tune should be played for the RN during the regimental marches musical interlude?
  2. Hearts of Oak
  3. At 116 beats per minute :wink:
  4. ooh! can we have those nice bandies to play it! They are really clever as they can march and play an instrument at the same time!
  5. And they make great postmen on the Carriers
  6. What do they carry the post around in? Their instruments?
  7. Nah
    In their bags baby - yeah
  8. Come on guys, be serious !!

What about 'Thunderbirds' - that seemed to be the favourite of the bootie band in Chatham every divisions day, then they would burst forth into 120 odd paces for the jennies who marched past last.

10. IMOM1406

You are, of course, right; except is it too traditional for the Maritime Command of British Armed Forces PLC?
  11. How about Eastenders then....may i cry now???
  12. Oooooh tetchy - you must have had a long week, never mind its POET'S day :D
  13. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Who is our major benefactor these days? Perhaps we need to adopt tunes to reflect the ethos of the corporations keeping the Navy Afloat. We have the River Class OPVs which while painted grey and flying the White Ensign don't actually belong to Pusser, then we have HMS Collingrad & Sultan, the home of the Railtrack College by kind permission of the owner Flagship Training (oh and a few matelots too). Can I therefore suggest that "Road to Nowhere" would be an appropriate tune to be played?
  14. We are sailing (ducks quickly!)

If it is to reflect the current ethos and in particular the sale of White Ensign, what about Pink Floyd - Money?

Or maybe some of the music from the soundtrack of The Hunt for Red October? Or more recently, the soundtrack for Master and Commander - I can certainly recommend Boccherini's Night Guard in Madrid.
  15. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Theres no question, it should be the March of the Senior Arm of the Senior Service "Jolly Roger."
  16. I though it was Abba who wrote MONEY MONEY MONEY?

I should have thought the Blue Peter theme tune would be about right. Good for PR. Blue Peter badges handed out. John Noakes wrapped in a White Ensign could appear out of the artificial fog and as a treat attempt some daring feat - there was only one he ever failed at to my recollection - shinning up a mast somewhere at the G-Place... so, er, he probably won't want anything to do with the RN again, then! :lol:
  17. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Now Lesley Judd wrapped in a White Ensign, that would get my attention! :)
  18. And shinning up the mast to the button too! I might need to experiment with crossing from the other side of the road to the right side, to and fro, just to see what it's like, out of curiousity, for Judd on the button!
  19. The theme to Captain Pugwash?
  20. Life on the ocean waves?????