reggies

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by loiz18, Aug 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. how come reggies are hated so much? i mean how different are they to police in civvy life?

im thinking about putting in for it as i quite like policing (im a special) how long does the process take?

2. To join the Navy Police (Reggies), you will have to initially join another branch, as there is no direct entry into the RN Police service. You can apply for transfer across after approx serving between 3 to 4 years in your original branch.

Best of luck

SM

:)

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Being Special will help, did you go to a Special School?

4. Reggies - Rottweilers than can type :D

5. Everyone hates civvie police too!

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You got PM, Loiz... :thumbleft:

7. You grooming again, sarge?

8. sgtpepperband

Yes, Jimmy. That's exactly what I'm doing... please keep that tone to Lil's please! :roll:

9. You can only become a reggie after you have done 4-5 years as a steward, then you still have to prove your suffering from small willy syndrome and have no mates. If you have been invited to more that 3 runs ashore in your career then you wont be suitable for the reggie branch.

10. sgtpepperband

Judging by some of your previous posts you sound like a good candidate yourself - I'll send you a Request Form... 8O

11. I would love to join you but my willy is to small even for reggie.

12. sgtpepperband

That's okay, Ralgex: we always need some rubber toys for the sniffer dogs to play with... :roll:

13. Until I encountered SPB I thought all reggies were recruited from sadistic cyclepaths. It turns out that SPB is the one exception to the rule. ;) :biggrin:

14. Whoooaa there what about my Tom :lol:

15. sgtpepperband

MH: Is that a euphemism? You do know that "Tom" is another name for a cat, and the informal name for a cat is a "pu..."

I'll stop there! :shock: :wink:

16. He is a Leo so that makes him a big pusscat :lol:

17. sgtpepperband

Hmm, I like big pussies too... :twisted:

18. From the wedding pic below, I should have thought you'd realise that I didn't include your Tom! :D

[​IMG]

19. Why has everybody got a down on people called Reg; I knew a Reginald once and he was a good bloke. It's crushers and RPOs I can't bloody stand. As for Masters at Arms just don't get me started! :D

20. As far as i am concernred they all failed in their branck of choice in the first place.Also wanted more shore time til they started putting them on small ships .We had one on us whom was always beefing about at sea .But alas he was discharged after a spell in DQs for pilfering out of the mail ex stoker he was .Another i knew always moaning about being at sea tas rate him i later found out he made MAA and never ever been to sea since changing