regarding joining

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by D_B_D, Oct 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi im new to the site

ive got a few questions about joining up, which i didnt really get a clear answer from the recruting office. 17 and am quite slim, weigh in at just under 10 stone. is there a minimum weight for joining up. i also heard due to the training being so intense many people loose a lot of weight and are therefore below minumum. cardivascular/running is good, can manage 1.5mile and 2x2.4km in under required times etc. but heard bleep test is now being introduced. anyone know any details regarding 'levels' required etc.

cheers for any replies! awesome site! will keep updated with progress etc. got to finish my a levels first!

p.s. what is pussers? lol
  2. Don't think there's a minimum weight, I was a bag of bones when I joined up 8O

Pusser means anything owned by the mob i.e. pussers shoes, pussers spanner etc. Supply officers are traditionally known as "the Pusser" as is anyone with the surname Hill
  3. oh right! thanks for the reply mate!
  4. Alright mate i had near enough the same built as you when i joined up. Usually you will lose the fat but will gain lean muscle.
    As i remember there is a bleep test in the PRMC but that was over 9 years ago, im not sure what level you have to get up to but aim above 12 + and you should be fine.
    As for your training just keep up the C.V and get the miles in and dont forget your bodyweight exercises e.g press-ups etc.

Good luck.
  5. Minimum weight of 60KG
  6. I stand corrected, cheers Drakey
  7. just weighed myself, came in at 63kg!

on the subject i suppose being lightweight will help you through regain etc if, like me, you dont have the best upperbody strength?

still needs work though!

cheers for all your replies, much appreciated!
  8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

The regain is allot about technique, with the added bonus of staying dry if successfully completed. :wink:
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

1. It's worth bearing in mind that many guys lose weight as they train-up for PRMC- if you arrive at the Commando Training Centre weighing under 60Kg, you are sent home from Recruit Training.

2. Levels required are covered in the latest PRMC Briefing Notes

Best of luck
  10. yeah thanks for replies. ill keep it all in mind