regarding HM navy

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Chopper!, Jun 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wish to join as an AET but i have a question is it possible to do this job on submarines
    thank you

2. Yes mate, absolutely!!

3. Agree with Lamri, but it`s a tight squeeze getting the bugger into the hangar.

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Just ask for a draft to the M2.

5. Must be one of those micrlights they keep banging on about.

6. Even though it appears to be a wah! I am very boring / bored:

"Modern and future submarine carriers
    There are no submarine carriers in use today, but several concepts exist that could provide a design in the future, allowing an attack force to move entirely underwater, attack without warning, and vanish again.

There is/has been a research project for the US navy, in its changes to the Ohio class submarine from SSBNs to SSGNs, to develop a UAV that resides in and launches from one of the tubes; this UAV is supposed to also be recoverable and presumably reusable."

And a few in WWII did exist. Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_aircraft_carrier

7. There is a tale of one such boat in ? :w00t:

8. WWII boats? Plenty, Japs and French? (Never read my own links :dwarf: )

Modern: There was at least three aircraft carrying subs in fwd docking bay number six on the Massive when I was on her.

I only spent 26 years on her, so didn't get round the whole ship - there could have been more.

9. I think you will find that they were in fwd docking bay number 7...

Easy mistake to make, as she was so massive... :dwarf:

10. Well done stumpy, you spotted the deliberate mistake.

Anyone who was on the Massive knows No.6 Fwd was the frigate dry-dock facility.

Although what happened on the post side - who knows, never got that far, even on two weeks leave.

11. Dahm! so i could have been an AET as a submariner, they never told me that at my AFCO, Wait till I'm there next! :rambo: :threaten:

12. The downside of being on the Massive was that the Underground trains rarely ran to time and the Three airports which serviced the ship suffered many and frequent strikes.

13. Nobody fell for my little joke, oh well!
    It also took longer than usual to move it out of Current Affairs (posting it there was also a piss-take).

;)