Regarding application for Officer

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by toby2789, Aug 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I previously had an application to join the Royal Navy as a Diver, but had been offered a place to go to University to study Geography and decided that it was in my greater interest to follow that at that time.

Since starting I have reapplied to join as a Warfare Officer, and have managed to put it on hold as it was progressing faster than I expected and after finding out my previous medical lasted something like 8 years (?)

The main questions I would like to ask is:

1) Would this stopping and stopping as it were of applications, have any bearing or effect on the outcome of my current application to join as an Officer?

2) Secondly my maths is not the greatest! So much as 4 attempts at the GCSE has only got me a C! How much of a stumbling block would this be, firstly in terms of the SDT questions at the AIB but also with regards to the job itself owing I pass the appropriate phases? As I am very keen and genuinely would like to follow a job and life and the Royal Navy I am aware that hard work pays dividend and am willing to do my utmost and more to confirm this aspiration!

3) When I reactivate my application, will I be able to have an 'informal' chat with my ACLO or will that be when and as the Sift Interview comes?

Thanks in advance for the questions, and also on have such a great and useful website!

Toby

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As long as you explained the circumstances to your AFCO at the time rather than simply disappearing, then there should not be an issue.

If you have passed the recruiting test with a high enough score for officer & are OK at mental arithmetic, then all you need do is practice. Like wise, all you need do is practice if you're not too good at mental arithmatic.

Nip into to your AFCO for an informal chat with a Careers Adviser. Generally the first direct contact with the ACLO is the sift interview.

Good luck

3. Hello,

Thank you very much, especially with regards to the maths and application(s) that's given me confidence!

Toby