References?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Kilo, Jul 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been training for a while but haven't officially applied to the navy yet, however I have just realised I have a problem with references.

I left university before Christmas because it really wasn't my thing and then went to work for family in the US, having only recently returned. This is my problem though, since school(I'm now nearly 22)I have worked for family so can't use these for references. I wasn't at university long enough to establish a relationship with any lecturers. The only valid person I can think of I only worked part time for and that was 3 years ago!

Any advice?

2. Don't you have any long term family friends/reliable neighbours etc that can supply a reference for you.

3. Don't worry to much, we do prefer a work/education ref, but if you've only got character ones then they will do.

A Character reference should be someone who knows you as a person, but not directly related to you.

If in doubt take the names and address's with you when you hand in your application form and the careers advisor will talk you thorugh it.

SM

:)

4. Well yes I do, do they need to be of certain stature? i.e Doctor, Police Officer, Teacher etc

5. Cool thank you, as above though do they need to be of certain 'stature'?

6. No.