References

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by catton01, Mar 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick one, on my application form i put down my two references.

My question is will i be able to change one of these?

I'm ex army so im still waiting for the nod to say ok to proceed(which ive been waiting over 3 months for).

So if i am able to change this at what point will i be able to do so?

Cheers, Catton.

2. No One?

3. Ninja Stoker or Supermario will be online at some point and are the guys who know about this kind of thing.

4. I've just changed one of my references without too much drama (I'm hoping - they said they've changed it...). If that helps?

5. The AFCO I'm joining through sent my ref requests to my old job - when I queried it, the AFCO said they didn't really mind where the reference came from as long as they said nice things about me... (I should have said there and then to send both forms to my mum.)

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As long as you are not related to your nominated referees then they can come from a variety of sources.

If you are within a couple of years of leaving education, we will routinely write to your school/college Uni as they tend to give a completely unbiased reference as do former employers.

All you need do to change your nominated referee is simply contact your AFCO (Link below)

7. Ok thanks for the replies.

8. Hey, just wondering on the same topic of reference.
    I've given in my references to the AIB last year, and I obtained a place for BRNC, September 2009.
    Will I have to give any more references to Dartmouth??
    Thanks

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome to the site & well done passing selection.

Providing your nominated referees replied & gave favourable accounts, then there's nothing to worry about.

Once two decent references have been received, your Security Questionnaire is submitted to the Defence Vetting Agency (DVA) to gain your security clearance.

To smooth things along & speed the process it maybe worth checking your nominated referees have replied & also ensuing you have completed & returned your Security questionnaire (MoD Form 1109).

There's no need for additional referees unless your previous ones claim you are a "bit pooh".

Best of luck.

10. Thanks- the references were both good I think so that should be it! Thanks again.