References

Rookie-WWFC

Lantern Swinger
I have had my security forms for a while and was also requested to get a third reference as my other two references were both from college. The problem is because of the conditions places on the referee's e.g. i have to have had contact with them within so long, I can't get a third reference different to the one's I've already given.

Could anyone clarify whether my two existing referee's should suffice or suggest another referee i could use?

AndyGrayland

Lantern Swinger
Vicar / Priest
Family Doctor
Family friend in a position of responsibility

Those are just guesses mind you, I can't recall the exact guidelines.

Hi,

Next door neighbour, Friend of the family or friend of your parents, School teacher, Boss or colleague from work. Scout/Cadet leader, Family Doctor, prest/vicar, Basically anyone who knows you that is not directly related to you.

Hope this helps

Supermario

:)

Rookie-WWFC

Lantern Swinger
I have to have known the person within the past 6 months, I have left school over a year and have already provided two references from college so am told i need a third from somewhere else. My doctor doesn't know me at all well thankfully; can I still use him?

wet_blobby

War Hero
You don't get out much do you?

Yes, use your doctor. Or does your mum and dad know anyone that could help? Copper, solicitor etc.

I think your in danger of failing the common dog test here.

There is always the option of making friends with some one and delaying your application for 6 months.

It's your application if you can't complete it they really will not be that interested.

Rookie-WWFC

Lantern Swinger
You can't use a friend as a reference can you? Also I have some people who i could use but would prefer not to as they're unsuitable, going to try the family doctor anyway but i really don't see the point as i don't know the man so how he can act as a referee god knows.

Rookie-WWFC

Lantern Swinger
The problem I have is that my ex employer wasn't very upstanding, although he was a conservative councillor, as well as that didn't part on the best term's although i'm sure he would still be professional and honest in his reference of me I just wouldn't want to ask the favour of him similarly any friends my dad has who own businesses aren't very upstanding either. I can't see why two references from college teacher's wont suffice? Does it require a third 'personal' reference?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The references are a good indication of an individual's character, particularly those from schools or employers as they are more likely to be unbiased, accurate & objective. They need to be completely independent of each other.

Two good references are required to confirm the individual's suitability for service before submitting a security clearance request. If you have an adverse school or employment reference we need to justify the selection decision with a favourable reference. Anyone who cannot provide two favourable references influence the selection decision on whether they are worth further processing.

Rookie-WWFC

Lantern Swinger
I understand that and i'm sure my ex employer's reference would be good, but would it be a good overall reference as he's got criminal convictions etc. I'd just sooner not use my ex employer as when we parted company it wasn't on the best terms and i don't see who else there is other than my doctor who isn't really in a position to give one as he doesn't know me. I've provided two from my college from two teacher's who asked me to use them as references when i left just can't find this third.

Rookie-WWFC

Lantern Swinger
Anyone tell me if i can use someone whos not got a british passport, shes irish married to a british citizen and a nurse, her husbands a distant relative i go running with him hes also the doorman of a place where i go out sometimes so would be a decent personal reference.