References... please advise!

Hi there.

I know that there's quite a few posts on here already that deal with references, but I've had a look and can't quite get an answer, so any advice would be very gratefully received!

I have my current employer (they've been told and are very supportive) as my first reference, so that is all fine.

But for my second reference, I have a bit of an issue. I am 22 and haven't been at school or uni for the last couple of years, so according to the guidelines I can't use any of my teachers or lecturers (as I haven't been in contact within the last 6 months). I don't personally know any doctors, lawyers, judges or clergy.

I could put my Mum's friend (who is a teacher) and does know me (but not that well) as a last resort, but I was wondering if it would be better to put a lecturer or teacher, who could give me a more in depth reference, even if I haven't seen them for a while?

And am I correct in assuming that i can't put a past employer down as my second reference?

I know these are fairly stupid questions, but if anyone can help that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

My second reference was my mums friend, who was a teacher, and who knew me, and that was absolutely fine. Have you spoke to your CA about it?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

My second reference was my mums friend, who was a teacher, and who knew me, and that was absolutely fine. Have you spoke to your CA about it?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Ah thank you! No I haven't yet, but I may if I can't decide what to do. That's reassuring though :)

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
You can always ask me to be your referee. I'll just lie like **** and tell them you have a fantastic personality and are intelligent.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
C Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Rookie-WWFC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44