Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reference checks?

C.Morgan

Badgeman
Hey all.

I was just curious as to how recruitment go about contacting past/current employers?

Do they phone them,email. Is it done by post?

In the application form I filled in five section with past work history.

Will they contact all of them or just my current employer?

Best Regards.
C.Morgan.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Sounds like you have reason to be concerned.

If you don't want your current employer to be contacted - don't nominate them as a referee.

C.Morgan

Badgeman
Sounds like you have reason to be concerned.

If you don't want your current employer to be contacted - don't nominate them as a referee.

I was more curious if they would contact someone who I worked for roughly ten years ago. Not to worry though. Thank's

Best Regards.
C.Morgan.

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Apologies, Mod been on the pop mode is in force...

will you just fcuking relax about your application please Best regards C. Morgan? If you're application form is ok then hopefully they will call you forward for interview if you successfully pass the RT. They won't bother your referees unless they contemplate offering you a position in the company!

C.Morgan

Badgeman
Apologies, Mod been on the pop mode is in force...

will you just fcuking relax about your application please Best regards C. Morgan? If you're application form is ok then hopefully they will call you forward for interview if you successfully pass the RT. They won't bother your referees unless they contemplate offering you a position in the company!

Cool as a cucumber :glasses2:

Best Regards.
C.Morgan.

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Feel free to utilise the forum search function to find the answers to the vast majority of your questions with regards to your application.

Rachelthree

War Hero
If it was 10 years ago the employer probably won't remember you...perhaps they do ask them going back that long but if so seems like a touch of madness :p

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
They will contact your most recent/current employer by letter. If they do not get a response, they will contact you to chase up your referees/employer.

Your previous work history can indicate whether you stick around in a job or chop and change a lot without good reason. If you have a substantial work history in a short peroid of time, it might highlight you as not being worth the vast amount it costs to train people up as you may give up easily/get bored and want out at the first opportunity.

C.Morgan

Badgeman
They will contact your most recent/current employer by letter. If they do not get a response, they will contact you to chase up your referees/employer.

Your previous work history can indicate whether you stick around in a job or chop and change a lot without good reason. If you have a substantial work history in a short peroid of time, it might highlight you as not being worth the vast amount it costs to train people up as you may give up easily/get bored and want out at the first opportunity.

Fantastic! Thank you.

Best Regards.

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Personal experience actually. When my previous employers HR department failed to action the reference request, RFA recruitment called me to chase it up.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I know how the system works. I been through exactly the same process as exjenny. The answer I gave was a perfectly good and simple answer to the persons question.

That's your view. Mine is that you came across as a bit of a twat.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'm more than a twat and accept that. You come across as a bit of a belmer trying to fit in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Introducing amendments to maritime international instruments by way of ambulatory reference MoD News 0
U Where can I find an address to send a reference to? RFA 2
MoD_RSS Terms of reference for independent review of Prevent announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK centre designated as global reference laboratory to tackle aquatic animal disease MoD News 0
N Reference issue Joining the Royal Navy 2
birdman26 school reference Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
C Reference Withdrawn - Any advice please?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Reference Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Powder Question regarding AIB reference Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Q Letter of reference Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
O Reference form... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Z Work reference Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
alex123 Will a Bad Reference affect my application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R Reference Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
S New Navy reference book Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 7
O Background Checks Joining the Royal Navy 4
O Rejoining Checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
M Security Checks and Debt Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS Border Force prioritising checks on medical equipment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Temporary changes to right to rent and right to work checks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DBS launches new payment option for online basic DBS checks MoD News 1
H Back ground checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Environmental checks around Grenfell Tower show no increased risk to health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fee changes for DBS checks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Personalised health checks to be considered in new review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environmental checks around Grenfell Tower MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Apple and Google Pay for online basic checks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Organisations registered with DBS to submit disclosure checks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Spot-checks on Hertfordshire waste-carriers MoD News 0
themuddyduck Security and DBS checks - Am I missing something? Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS News story: Online right to work checks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Checks for UN sanctions when you register a company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Further environmental checks for Grenfell site MoD News 0
W Dental checks at Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
C Royal Navy security checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
muskovardo Security checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
trelawney126 Pontious Checks out Accommodation The Fleet Air Arm 7
trelawney126 Checks on HMS Triumph after Legionella diagnosed Current Affairs 2
D Credit Checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
G Question about joining and police checks The Corps 14
w.anchor User checks Diamond Lil's 23
cadetsmum Security Checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
Rum-dooer Security checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
S Background checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
O security checks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17