Redundnacy Selection Criteria

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by angrydoc, Mar 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My journo-alert light is glowing...

2. Mixture of both - there are also other means for "ditching gash" !!

3. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

WTF does that mean? Is that officer speak for something?

4. tiddlyoggy

Ah, someone who makes hasty ill informed judgements! I was asking what the term "to red team it" meant, I thought my question would elicit an intelligent answer. Sadly not!

5. I'm waiting as well - it has a whiff of horseshit about it so far!

6. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Red Teaming is a term used in the estimate process. You construct a Red Cell or Red Team to play the part of the bad guys so when you wargame your plan you get to see the problems issues etc.

There are two types of Red Teams. Those who study the mind and methods of the enemy, who have an understanding of the wider political debate and are able to see events in a wider sphere than just military outcomes. They read up on the enemy, study military history and try and apply historical outcomes to the plan. They allow the planning staff to further refine the ideas and the plans, they have an sound understanding of warfare and are able to add real value to the Commander. They help stop problems early on and articulate to the staff how to amend the plan for success.

The other team is made up of who ever was not in the original planning team because someone read that you need to wargame and then red team your plan, don't full understand what that means and would prefer no one to criticise their work of art.

On the whole the Navy tends to go for option B unless they are proper grown up battle-staffs when some thought is put in to it.

As to the redundancy issue the number of people who truly know what is going on is very small and tighter than a Scotsman after payday. 1 Apr the DIN will come out with all the details, until then NO ONE knows (standfast 1SL, 2SL, CINC and a close circle of staff officers).

7. Sounds remarkably like the latest PC new-speak for 'the devil's advocate(s)'.

Whatever went wrong to make them redundant?

8. tiddlyoggy

Guns, okay, thank you.

9. On a slight tangent does anyone have any of the dates that we would be leaving the service? The AFRC is only as good as the dates you put in and I am trying to work out the numbers.

Cheers in advance.

P.S. If this has already been asked please redirect me and forgive my blindness!

10. I've got it, but it won't let me 'copy & paste' a table in, it look fine when I've pasted it, however, when posted it goes to a bag of! It's contained within Galaxy Message 29-2010, PM an email address and I'll get it to you.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  11. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Tranche 1
    04 apr 11 - din announcing redundancy fields
    30 sep 11 - issue redundancy notices
    30 mar 12 - all applicants left service
    30 sep 12 - all non-applicants left service

tranche 2
    30 sep 11 - din announcing redundancy fields
    30 mar12 – issue redundancy notices
    30 sep 12 – all applicants left service