Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redundancy settlements

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Anyone else seen the DIN (01-056) detailing the amounts being offered?
Quite tempting, I reckon.

Polto

War Hero
The full calculation models are in JSP 864 (I think) part 5. It really comes down to personal circumstances and whether it's right or not for you. I am certainly looking very carefully at the financial package and timing etc.

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The full calculation models are in JSP 864 (I think) part 5. It really comes down to personal circumstances and whether it's right or not for you. I am certainly looking very carefully at the financial package and timing etc.

You are spot on about timing. That is where the element of doubt creeps in for me, otherwise I think I'd be off.

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
If you pm me an email address I can forward it to you, better be quick though as I go on draft in a few days time.

off_les_aura

War Hero
Are they putting a Redundancy Calculator on the web like the Pension Calculator, 'cos that is way to complex for me to work out.

Polto

War Hero
Are they putting a Redundancy Calculator on the web like the Pension Calculator, 'cos that is way to complex for me to work out.
you need to know how long you've been in....then you either you the daily rate basic times one and a half for time done if less than eighteen years. Or the sliding scale model if you've done over eighteen years...the longer you have left the more you get, but there is a limit of course...basucally if you've got between two and three years left, you get six months pay, tax free. You can also factor in days remaining...the latest din has this calculation. My figures here btw are rough as i don't have the din or jsp with me right now.

off_les_aura

War Hero
you need to know how long you've been in....then you either you the daily rate basic times one and a half for time done if less than eighteen years. Or the sliding scale model if you've done over eighteen years...the longer you have left the more you get, but there is a limit of course...basucally if you've got between two and three years left, you get six months pay, tax free. You can also factor in days remaining...the latest din has this calculation. My figures here btw are rough as i don't have the din or jsp with me right now.

Not that I'm in the running for redundancy or looking for it, just curious as to what Pusser thinks 20 years service is worth. Problem is being SUY with only 1 year served as a Lt, I don't qualify for an immediate pension yet. Even though I've done at least 16 years from age 21, I have to serve at least 2 years as a Lt to get a WO1 IP, and a total of 5 years as a Lt to get a Lt IP. Not sure where the redundancy rules stand in that circumstance.

Chaz

MIA
Not that I'm in the running for redundancy or looking for it, just curious as to what Pusser thinks 20 years service is worth. Problem is being SUY with only 1 year served as a Lt, I don't qualify for an immediate pension yet. Even though I've done at least 16 years from age 21, I have to serve at least 2 years as a Lt to get a WO1 IP, and a total of 5 years as a Lt to get a Lt IP. Not sure where the redundancy rules stand in that circumstance.

As a CPO with 28 years service I'm worth about 32k under the currency redundancy scheme in addition to my normal gratuity and an immediate pension, with 6 years left until I'm 50 they'd have to pay me in the region of 255k, they're getting a good deal & no thanks! IMO the only personnel who would benefit from the scheme are those that have done 18 years, they can claim 9 months wages, plus a gratuity & immediate full pension on leaving.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm one of the special one's who is protected from these cuts. I had a quick skim, but because it doesn't effect me so I ignored it. From what Chaz is saying, if you've completed 22 and into your EC, can you be pumped for the figures mentioned?

Chaz

MIA
I'm one of the special one's who is protected from these cuts. I had a quick skim, but because it doesn't effect me so I ignored it. From what Chaz is saying, if you've completed 22 and into your EC, can you be pumped for the figures mentioned?

It basically works that if you've done more than 18 then you qualify for an immediate pension and gratuity. It then works that if you have at least 1 year left you get 3 months pay, at least 2 6 months pay and 3 or over then you got 9 months pay. I'm in EC (OE(10) as was) and have 6 years left, I still only get the 3 months pay. Personally it's not for me, however, I may not have any say in the matter!

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Just so I get this right Chaz. If you've done over 18 or in your case into your EC, you recieve the normal resettlement package. An immediate pension and gratuity, plus a pay off of 32k.

Chaz

MIA
Just so I get this right Chaz. If you've done over 18 or in your case into your EC, you recieve the normal resettlement package. An immediate pension and gratuity, plus a pay off of 32k.

Yep, thats right. The pay off is 9 months salary because I'd have more than 3 years of time left. More than one year is 3 months salary, more than two is 6 months salary. PM your email adderss and I'll send you the DIN if you'd like a look.

SEP86

War Hero
Yep, thats right. The pay off is 9 months salary because I'd have more than 3 years of time left. More than one year is 3 months salary, more than two is 6 months salary. PM your email adderss and I'll send you the DIN if you'd like a look.

Don't forget that this calculation only applies to those of us who stayed on the old pension scheme (AFPS 75). Not sure about the new one as I stayed so haven't read it.

Chaz

MIA
Don't forget that this calculation only applies to those of us who stayed on the old pension scheme (AFPS 75). Not sure about the new one as I stayed so haven't read it.

Yep, sorry, forgot to mention that. I too have no idea what the package entails for those on the new scheme.

off_les_aura

War Hero
It basically works that if you've done more than 18 then you qualify for an immediate pension and gratuity. It then works that if you have at least 1 year left you get 3 months pay, at least 2 6 months pay and 3 or over then you got 9 months pay. I'm in EC (OE(10) as was) and have 6 years left, I still only get the 3 months pay. Personally it's not for me, however, I may not have any say in the matter!

So basically, if they sack me for failing the MESM course, I leave with a preserved pension and f**k all gratuity, but if they make me redundant, I get an immediate pension and gratuity.

Infinately more chance of me screwing up than being made redundant......:shock:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New law to ensure furloughed employees receive full redundancy payments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The redundancy payment services (RPS) telephone helpline is temporarily closed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mothercare in administration: How to claim redundancy or register as a creditor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Contacting the Redundancy Payments helpline MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pregnant women and new parents to get enhanced redundancy protections MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Explaining your redundancy payment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Healthcare Environmental Services Limited in liquidation: how to claim redundancy or register as a creditor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The Redundancy Payments helpline will be closed on 15 March and 18 March 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Redundancy Payments helpline outage MoD News 0
S Daily Mail - redundancy mess up. Current Affairs 11
J re join the navy after redundancy help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
Naval_Families_Federation Naval Service Redundancy Programme – Tranche 2 Notification Current Affairs 0
Naval_Families_Federation Armed Forces Redundancy Programme – Announcement of Tranche 2 Current Affairs 1
D Redundancy / Branch transfer question... what do you need to do to apply? The Quarterdeck 13
supermario Redundancy Announcements - Main Thread Current Affairs 89
2 Redundancy Implementation (Galaxy 20110601/DNPers) Finance & Pensions 3
Bad CO Redundancy Questionnaire UPO 1
trelawney126 Redundancy Payments ad HOC Current Affairs 2
Naval_Families_Federation Royal Navy Redundancy Programme Current Affairs 61
A April 4th redundancy numbers. Finance & Pensions 5
frogman007 I want redundancy but branch not up for it. Finance & Pensions 18
Chaz GALAXY 29-2010 - Redundancy & Drawdown Programme. Current Affairs 1
digger84 Redundancy - The Speculation Thread Current Affairs 36
Ninja_Stoker Redundancy reduction in payment? - changes to AFPS 75 Finance & Pensions 6
MoD_RSS UK statement on Israeli settlements, January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biomining study could unlock future settlements on other worlds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK response to settlements in Har Homa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ministerial statement on settlements in Givat HaMatos MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Quint statement on Israeli settlements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Treatment of government grant support schemes in business interruption insurance settlements: Letter from the Economic Secretary to the Treasury to th MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Maxine Mayhew appointed to Low Carbon Contracts Company and Electricity Settlements Company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Israel and OPTs: UK expresses concern over announcement of new Israeli settlements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Israeli settlements, February 2020: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Israeli settlements: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS West Bank settlements: Foreign Office statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Regina Finn appointed Chair of Low Carbon Contracts Company and Electricity Settlements Company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on West Bank settlements MoD News 0