Redacted.....USMC beware

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by angry_mac, Aug 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My bro inlaw is a medic in the army. He bought this film (REDACTED) to see if it all resembled what he expierienced. I was eager to see if his time in Iraq actually was properly represented in this medium
    Now the first half is really good, but the last 40 mins is a disgrace. I wil not comment on how the film pans out but:
    1. I believe that the lack of leadership from SNCOs present in the film is a fiction.
    2. Yes there have been war crmes, but this one never came to pass.
    3. This is a film made by left wing liberals, without even looking at the plight of the elmer.
    4. The parallels drawn between the USA and Nazi German are far too obvious and hence an absolute disgrace.

2. WTF??? You never let something as basic as facts get in the way of a thread do you.

The film is based on the Mahmudiyah incident which was prosecuted by the US Army and in the case of Pfc Steven Green by the FBI. So your first point is wrong because a SNCO was prosecuted for having knowledge of the plan to rape a 14 year old Iraqi girl and murder her family but did nothing to prevent it and post facto did not report it and actively engaged in the subsequent cover-up. A second US Army SNCO [Cortez]was jailed for 100 years for actively taking part in the rape and murders.

Your second point is also wrong because multiple US soldiers were found guilty of the crimes carried out at Mahmudiyah and portrayed in the film. They are presently in prison. The first 3 sentences handed down were for 90 / 100 / 110 years.

According to a 10-page FBI federal affidavit, Green and three other soldiers from the Fort Campbell, Ky.-based 101st Airborne Division had talked about raping the young woman, whom they first saw while working at the checkpoint. On the day of the attack, the document said, Green and other soldiers drank alcohol and changed out of their uniforms to avoid detection before going to the woman's house. Green covered his face with a brown T-shirt.

Once there, the affidavit said, Green took three members of the family — an adult male and female, and a girl estimated to be 5 years old — into a bedroom, after which shots were heard from inside.

"Green came to the bedroom door and told everyone, 'I just killed them. All are dead,'" the affidavit said.

The affidavit is based on interviews conducted by the Army

The affidavit is based on interviews conducted by the FBI and military investigators with three unidentified soldiers assigned to Green's platoon. One of the soldiers said he witnessed another soldier and Green rape the woman. FBI and military investigators with three unidentified soldiers assigned to Green's platoon. One of the soldiers said he witnessed another soldier and Green rape the woman.

"After the rape, (the soldier) witnessed Green shoot the woman in the head two to three times," the affidavit said.

Investigators also interviewed a fifth soldier, who was left behind to mind the radio at the traffic checkpoint. That soldier said Green and three others returned from the woman's house "with blood on their clothes, which they burned. Immediately after this, they each told (the soldier) that this is never to be discussed again."

The FBI Affidavit > http://news.findlaw.com/nytimes/docs/iraq/usgreen63006cmp2.html

[align=center]___________________________________________________[/align]

Those left wing liberals just have no sense of humour do they Mac? They are truly a disgrace :thumright:

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Abeer-Qassim-Hamza-murder

RM