Red card Yellow card

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by NorwayChris, Jul 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hope this is the correct place for this topic,ive just been out for lunsh and after filling my belly with paella and two large san miguels i got to talking to a youngish guy who said he was ex RN,this chappie told me that recruits are issued with two cards when they join up a red and yellow card for presenting to anybody who they consider are out of order for bollocking them ,i await you guys to jump down my neck and tell me that ive been had or maybe there is some truth in this dit,
  2. Certainly not the case at the moment, and I reckon it's something of an urban myth that it ever happened. Having said that I have met people who claim they were at Raleigh when it happened. At best it was short-lived. Not to mention stupid.
  3. I too heard dits about it when I was in however never found out if there was any truth behind the good story
  4. Urban myth. This has already been discussed on RR before.

It doesn't happen.
  5. Many thanks for clearing that little side step in my life up Guzzler,and yes it would have been pretty stupid to have somthing like that at a training establishment,keep eating them POTATOES and you have a nice day now ya hear :lol:
  6. Thanks Drakey, 8)
  7. I once managed to get a blue card. :wink:
  8. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I was told by a then P1 instructor that it definitely did happen a while ago, POMEM(L) Dave G-----, just gone outside as a CPO.
  9. Tiddly I was also told by a P1 instructor that it did happen, however if the trainee used the card he then had to justify it to his DO.
  10. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

How unimaginable that any seafaring person would try and kid someone with a story that wasn't 100% true - couldn't possibly happen.

Kipling: 'Splendaciously mendacious strolls the brass-bound man shore ..'
  11. So it seems that it has happened , well well well, i think i would have been very tempted to stick the ferkin red/yellow card where the sun dont shine,jepp right up the recruits brown eye, or maybe i am just not falling in step with this " road to the future" ,
  12. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I agree with you, but in the context of the conversation that we were having I doubt very much that my oppo was trying to get me on a bite.