Red Arrows to be banned from London Olympics

Why? Decisions on anything to do with military involvement in the 2012 ceremonies are yet to be taken - the subject of 'banning' the Red Arrows has not even been raised.
This is an old story which has already been rubbished in several arenas. The official line is and has been no choice of the content of the ceremonies has been made, after all will we even have an RAF never mind Red Arrows by then

Lantern Swinger
If you follow the link there is a statement that it's not true that the Reds are banned - so there's no point sigining the petition as there's no decision to protest about!
I know the search is crap so it would have been hard to find this subject from past threads.

This is a copy of an email answer I had and posted on the other thread:

Thank you for your recent e-mail about the celebrations at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. I have been asked to reply.
As government we would like to inform you that there is absolutely no truth to newspaper claims that the Government or the Organising Committee has banned or advised against the Red Arrows’ involvement in the Opening Ceremony or any other celebrations associated with the 2012 Games.
The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG), are responsible for deciding what to include in the Opening Ceremony and other celebrations.
With almost five years to go, decisions are yet to be made about what these celebrations will look like. Our main effort at the moment is to finalise plans for the handover of the Olympic Flag from Beijing to London at the end of the Closing Ceremony of the Beijing Olympic Games.
Neither the Government nor LOCOG has any objection whatsoever to the involvement of the Red Arrows. Indeed, the Red Arrows have already played a memorable role in our celebrations, when they flew over Trafalgar Square to mark our winning bid in July 2005. They were also involved in a fly past to celebrate the Athens Torch Relay coming to London in June 2004.
We hope that this information is helpful in correcting this inaccurate story.