Discussion in 'RFA' started by seasickken, Nov 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm in the process of joining, ex GP1/ABs ticket, 53years of age.
    what are the percentages of me getting an interview let alone a job :?:
  2. I just got a provisional offer of employment for Deckie. I'm 44 and ex Army. I think there was over 250 applicants for this course, they selected 90 for interview for 24 places on 2 courses + some reserves.

So by my (bad) maths, that's about a 1 in 3 chance of getting an interview and a 1 in 3 chance of getting a job mate. Have a care though, regardless of your naval experience, they will expect you to have swotted-up on the RFA on the interview. Go to TOOTP theres loads of good info there (it got me through) and good luck :wink:

Oh, if you have recent seatime then you may be able to go in as a qualified rating, so it might be a little easier.

Does anyone know how long the training course is for this role before you go on to full pay?
  4. Under the new apprenticeship scheme I believe it is 2 years.
  5. Under the new apprenticeship there is no guarantee of a job after those two years correct?
  6. Yes that's what it states in the provisional offer that I received. I would like to think that if you work hard and make a good impression there will be a job there for you.
  7. Huge risk to take tough, especially if you have a family to support..

What about LSO role on direct entry? IS that the same make up?
  8. Its what I want to do so I'm going to take that chance.

Unsure what LSO is??

9. Sorry my bad Logistics Supply Officer..

All the best of luck to you , hope it works out and your happy in your new career
  10. Thank you. All the best to you aswell.