Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Recruitment

bunnyjumper said:
Don't think I'll hold my breath :roll: - I've heard talk like this before from the RN. I go back to the "Bus Stop poster campaign" I mentioned earlier - It certainly never happened around my neck of the woods.

I think the bus stop campaign may have been targeting specific areas. I saw a lot of them in my area where there is a high percentage of ethnic minorities (think South London) and posters where of individuals from similar background.

mndc said:
As a potential recruit myself I have found the information and advice available wholly inadequate and in most cases just absent.
I think I shall wait a few months until I move to the south coast and then try another Unit. (quote)

Where abouts you from mate, that sort of reponse is really not good enough from our point of view.

Our recruitment procedure goes along the lines of-
1. Make contact/friends with your local AFCO and RN Recruitment officer.
2. Find out what they are doing and where they are going.
3. Offer to help them out with events they are attending. Extra manpower is always appreciated.
4. August is usually very quiet in training circles so target august as a month for aggressive recruitment.

When we finally get people into our clutches we;
1. Show them around the unit, while asking a few questions about their interest in the RN/RNR, personal life etc
2. Introduce them to a few of the people.
3. Show them the new recruitment dvd.
4. Sit them down with one of the lads/lasses who have been in a few years explaining what we do, when we do it, why we do it and how we do it.
5. Give them the recruitment paperwork and encourage them to come back the following week either with it completed or to complete it.

We actively follow up every bit of interest shown by every prospective recruit either by letter, email or phone call. We are preparing our own website which is much better than the MOD effort.

Our recruitment team mainly consists of one junior officer and three junior ratings but everyone within the unit gets involved.

We must be doing something right, at present we are the most successful RNR unit for recruitment behind President.

Sorry to keep blowing our trumpet but what can i say - CERES LEADS THE WAY!.
Not bad for a tender, eh? :D

trehorn said:
Where abouts you from mate, that sort of reponse is really not good enough from our point of view.

Currently living in London, Will be moving to Southampton in September to begin my Deck Officer cadetship for the MN. So I will be contacting King Alfred then.
The reason I had no luck with President earlier in the year was due to being given the wrong contact numbers (repeatedly). Unfortionatly it would seem that the RN recruitment line, supposedly the first point of contact for RNR careers, do not have correct details for potential recruits to contact their local unit.

Cheers

Sorry to hear that.

Always best to try the Royal Navy Website follow the links to the RNR RTC (Reserve training centres) and there should always be contact details for each individual unit.

PS. MOST of the RNR PSI's dont work after 9am on a Friday.

GOOD LUCK.

trehorn said:
Sorry to hear that.

Always best to try the Royal Navy Website follow the links to the RNR RTC (Reserve training centres) and there should always be contact details for each individual unit.

PS. MOST of the RNR PSI's dont work after 9am on a Friday.

GOOD LUCK.
or start before midday on a monday.....

Latest Threads