Recruitment test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by AledJ, Jul 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How long is the recruitment test valid for?
  2. Does nobody know?
  3. IIRC it's a year. Standby for the gen from Super Mario or Ninja Stoker.
  4. It has to be longer than a year. I sat mine in December 07, haven't had to do another one and I'm off to Raleigh in 6 weeks. :D
  5. I originaly joined up in 2000 and PVR'ed. Joined back up in 2003 and I didn't have to resit any tests so unless its all changed in the last 6 years...
  6. 3 years.

You must be in within 3 years of sitting the RT.
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The recruiting test must have been taken within 3 years of actually starting training.

A fully trained & current re-entrant does not need to re-sit the test if joining the same trade. All others must re-sit if 3 years will have elapsed before entering service.

Haven't got a clue why its validity expires,
  8. Thank you all!

Have had a difficult choice to make! Passed a law module resit that would allow me to go on and train as a solicitor. So after failing to reach the officer score had to decide between the Navy and a career in law. Decided to take my LPC (legal practise course) in the hope i can secure a training contract after it. But with the way things are in general within the job market and more specifically the law side, i'm not hopefully of getting anything. So I my end up joining after all. It was a difficult decision to make as i have wanted to join since I was 16, but decide to study for a-levels and a degree.