Recruitment test

Gully1234

Midshipman
Hi,
I was wondering generally what’s the pass rate for the recruitment test is. I have my test on wed and I have revised a lot. I was just wondering what score roughly you have to get to pass, I’m hoping to go in as a medical assistant or a writer but I’m not 100% sure on what role I want to apply for until I talk to my recruiter. I’m applying as a rating not officer btw.

thank you.

Acryph

Badgeman
It's not a pass rate it's your score that matters. Each role has a different score requirement.

soleil

War Hero
Hi,
I was wondering generally what’s the pass rate for the recruitment test is. I have my test on wed and I have revised a lot. I was just wondering what score roughly you have to get to pass, I’m hoping to go in as a medical assistant or a writer but I’m not 100% sure on what role I want to apply for until I talk to my recruiter. I’m applying as a rating not officer btw.

thank you.
I would try not to worry about the scores, Gully. You don't want to be distracted while you are sitting the test because you were trying to tot up your score!

On the day, just for it and see how you've done afterwards.

It sounds like you have already done a lot of prep for it, so you've given yourself the best chance of a good outcome.

Have you tried the sample questions?

Gully1234

Midshipman
I would try not to worry about the scores, Gully. You don't want to be distracted while you are sitting the test because you were trying to tot up your score!

On the day, just for it and see how you've done afterwards.

It sounds like you have already done a lot of prep for it, so you've given yourself the best chance of a good outcome.

Have you tried the sample questions?

See I’ve tried so many practice questions on loads of different sites and I’ve also completed the book from how2become and did ok. Just scared in case the real test is different or harder than the practice. The thing that worrying me the most is the I’ve never been good at maths and I’ve just failed my maths GCSE.

soleil

War Hero
I've heard that candidates have found the GCSE Bitesize website useful, Gully. If you have time this week, you could have a little browse of the Maths section.

Don't worry about Wednesday, just do your best. You have given yourself the best chance possible by doing so much practice, that's a definite plus point in your favour.

Your nervousness sounds like the normal feeling any candidate would have at this point.

Try to take care of yourself over the next couple of days, early nights if you can, nourishing food and so on. Carry on with your practice questions when you have a moment.

Get everything ready on Tuesday evening and head off on Wednesday feeling confident that you are going to do your best. I think that you will and have my fingers crossed for a good result for you.

Gully1234

Midshipman
I've heard that candidates have found the GCSE Bitesize website useful, Gully. If you have time this week, you could have a little browse of the Maths section.

Don't worry about Wednesday, just do your best. You have given yourself the best chance possible by doing so much practice, that's a definite plus point in your favour.

Your nervousness sounds like the normal feeling any candidate would have at this point.

Try to take care of yourself over the next couple of days, early nights if you can, nourishing food and so on. Carry on with your practice questions when you have a moment.

Get everything ready on Tuesday evening and head off on Wednesday feeling confident that you are going to do your best. I think that you will and have my fingers crossed for a good result for you.
Thank you I’ll let you know how it goes

BreechSpike

Midshipman
Hi,

thank you.

I may stand corrected but im certain you will never know your score or the minimum score for branches. Did my RT last year, remember everyones in the same position.
My advice is to just keep good timekeeping.
Knowlage wise, as mentioned it sounds like your on it.
Good Luck!

Gully1234

Midshipman
I may stand corrected but im certain you will never know your score or the minimum score for branches. Did my RT last year, remember everyones in the same position.
Good Luck!
Thank you all for the advice I’ll let you all know if I pass or not

Gully1234

Midshipman
Good Luck!
Just wanted to let you all know that I passed for medical assistan!!

BreechSpike

Midshipman
Do I have to schedule my interview or will my recruiter contact me for it
Last year I called up my AFCO to ask just that- and we sorted out a date. But they had just had a staff changeover so it was an exception I suppose.
Maybe call up and ask?

Last edited:

Mr_Gillette

Midshipman
The maths side is multiple choice. As long as you work it out to the approximate figure you can usually work out the answer from the choices. I suck at mental arithmetic too.

Just wanted to let you all know that I passed for medical assistan!!
Just saw this, well done mate, MA is one of the high scorers on RT too!

fishhead

War Hero
Please what is the score required for Engineering Technician?
There is no point getting stressed about particular pass marks. Give the test your best shot and wait to hear whether you have done well enough for your chosen career path. You will be offered alternatives depending on the score achieved unless you totally fail.