Recruitment Test, what to bring?

MorganCUFC

Midshipman
Hi, I have my RT on Wednesday 1st May and I have prepared as much as I can and I am now feeling confident going into the test. I was just wondering what paperwork, certificates etc. do I need to bring with me? I am currently still studying for my GCSE's so I currently don't have them official results, so should I bring just my mock results or is this not required. Appreciate any feedback!

Seadog

War Hero
I’m going to build an intergalactic space ship. I don’t know anything about building spaceships or storing ship for a multi million year deployment so if you guys, that’s you guys could give me a few guidelines there will be cheers in advance, sometimes in anticipation.

Sumo

War Hero
I’m going to build an intergalactic space ship. I don’t know anything about building spaceships or storing ship for a multi million year deployment so if you guys, that’s you guys could give me a few guidelines there will be cheers in advance, sometimes in anticipation.
Speak to Spock, or is he dead? I don't know, Google it?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
BR2001 (Space Odyssey, for the use of) would be a good start, if you ring up and get Hal, hang up, he's a devious git.

Domestic stuff you might need is covered in BR1999 (Space), also goes under Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

You will need a heavy iron though as your gear tends to float off the ironing table which is screwed to the deck, not sure how big a bag you'll need though but a mate who has a cousin who's friend joined up says you get them issued with socks.

Stirlin

War Hero
BR2001 (Space Odyssey, for the use of) would be a good start, if you ring up and get Hal, hang up, he's a devious git.

Domestic stuff you might need is covered in BR1999 (Space), also goes under Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

You will need a heavy iron though as your gear tends to float off the ironing table which is screwed to the deck, not sure how big a bag you'll need though but a mate who has a cousin who's friend joined up says you get them issued with socks.
Informative.

Seadog

War Hero
SO....what I really want to know is; once I’ve had the go ahead from the space ship regulator, can I do the All Arms Empire Stormtrooper Course?

Thanks people....in anticipation.

Waspie

War Hero
SO....what I really want to know is; once I’ve had the go ahead from the space ship regulator, can I do the All Arms Empire Stormtrooper Course?

Only if your going to be drafted to a Intergalactic Special Anti Alien Arse Kicking Unit.

Sumo

War Hero

And you can pass the storm trooper medical and physical challenges, good luck.
I have heard you have good storm trooper attributes.

Last edited:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've got the Haynes handbook for an A class diesel submarine, would that be of any help?

Gavey07

Hi, I have my RT on Wednesday 1st May and I have prepared as much as I can and I am now feeling confident going into the test. I was just wondering what paperwork, certificates etc. do I need to bring with me? I am currently still studying for my GCSE's so I currently don't have them official results, so should I bring just my mock results or is this not required. Appreciate any feedback!

How did u prepared for the test.?? what did u actually do for that???(Psycometric test)
n how did u prepared for physical testts???

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
How did u prepared for the test.?? what did u actually do for that???(Psycometric test)
n how did u prepared for physical testts???
They provide practice questions and you can find practice RT tests online , take the latter with a pinch of salt. Physical test wise get running!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Recruitment test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
C Failed recruitment eye test Joining the Royal Navy 1
D Naval service recruitment test Joining the Royal Navy 4
M changing roles before recruitment test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
J Recruitment test results RFA 2
O Resit recruitment test after TMU? Joining the Royal Navy 3
dnnidlc RN Recruitment Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Royal Navy Recruitment test Joining the Royal Navy 5
C Recruitment Test? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
C Recruitment Test Joining the Royal Navy 19
T Recruitment Test Joining the Royal Navy 8
S Recruitment test next Monday - expired passport. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
S I'm worried about my Recruitment test! What score do I need to be a Weapons Technician? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
JockJack Recruitment Test Resit and new Career Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
James Howlett Recruitment Test results, CT, Logistics Or WarSpec, help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
E Recruitment Test expiration date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Ed.Ed. Is there a way to join the Royal Navy if I fail the recruitment test. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
B recruitment test for chef Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 56
R Is the selection interview on the same day as the recruitment test? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
B Recruitment Test - Help Needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
A Recruitment test help!!! And tips! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
janner New Recruitment test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Recruitment Test Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 13
W The Recruitment Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R Recruitment test + Job change Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
R Recruitment Test and Weapon Engineer! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 65
C AET recruitment stages (2nd test)... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
D Dress to impress for the Recruitment Test? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
hamisatypeofcheese Recruitment Test Validity Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
AledJ Recruitment test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
C Recruitment test sit ups Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
N royal navy recruitment test (RT) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
M Recruitment test if you are dyslesic??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
D I have my recruitment test tomorrow! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
M Recruitment test for the 3rd time?? Anyone else?? The Fleet Air Arm 10
M Recruitment test for the 3rd time?? Anyone else?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 56
copenhagencup Free driving test and licence as a recruitment tool Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
D Recruitment Test, 10th July! The Fleet 7
D The Recruitment Test, Additional Help! The Fleet 2
D The Recruitment Test, additional Help! The Fleet 6
MoD_RSS More than 3,000 extra officers join police in recruitment drive MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recruitment for Independent Reviewer of Prevent launched MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Adult social care recruitment care campaign launched to boost workforce MoD News 0
L Recruitment & Coronavirus Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Sellafield Ltd Apprentice Recruitment MoD News 0
Q What is the current status on recruitment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
MoD_RSS New service allows DBS to respond quicker to recruitment requests during COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19): letter from the Minister of State for Care to recruitment agencies MoD News 0
K Officer Recruitment rejected because of GCSEs? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
MoD_RSS National recruitment campaign for paramedics, radiographers and nurses begins MoD News 0