Recruitment test sit ups

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chris81, Feb 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Stupid question most likely, but will your feet be held down whilst doing them? i normally do sit ups with my feet held down or under something, i have started to train without and am finding it much more awkward.

2. It's not supposed to be hard is it? OMG hope my asthma don't play up on the run.

3. Thanks, just wanted to be as best prepared as possible ;) Hope i don`t get out of breath on the run, or sweaty, that would be awful.

4. You don't do any sit ups at any stage of the recruitment process.

While at Raleigh your feet will be held during any assessed phys serials.

5. I am more worried about these to be honest!

[​IMG]

6. 6 sweaty men?

7. 40 push ups, piece of pish, if you can't do 40 push ups, what the **** are you doing considering joining the military really?

Not aimed at you specifically b2b, but I grow tired of the amount of layabout shtcocks I have to endure every day who wouldn't be able to lift a small child up a ladder and through a hatch, let alone one of their oppos.

8. I can bang them out ok, just if it is "Up", "Down", "Up" I have a problem with.

9. They don't even have their elbows tucked in. :roll:

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Just imagine there's a Wren laying underneath you... :twisted:

11. That's because they're matelots doing correct press-ups in accordance with RN / RAF guidelines, it isn't necessary for the RN to keep elbows close to the sides.

Again, are you even in?

Edited for some truly horrendous aled up spelling

12. Joe wants to be a royal :cry:

13. Ah, I see, well if he does ever arrive at CTC I look forward to hearing what happens when he tells everyone in the gym, the DS and PTIs included that "He doesn't even have his elbows tucked in".

14. I will not be able to manage 23 then! :D

15. sgtpepperband

Or any of them - if what your Mum says is true... :wink:

16. Only because your Mum was on my back awaiting her turn. :lol:

17. sgtpepperband

Of course she was - hard to bury a coffin vertically...