Recruitment test for the 3rd time?? Anyone else??

monty_trials

Badgeman
Gaz85 said:
Yes ive had the mis-pleasure of sitting the RT 3 times, that wasnt the problem with me, I passed with top marks all three times, so was no need for me to go study.

Im 'medically unfit' due to being a bit of a lard, first and second time i was told to come back but I wasnt at the weight required. Only now after getting a kick *********** ive actually started losing weight, hopefully be in by mid next year fella!

I'll be cis, If thats the job you want mate then i suggest you keep at it, if you feel you have the mindset and you were only a few marks off last time, a bit of hard work and you can do it!!!!

Why would you need to take the RT test 3 times if you passed each time? I dont quite understand? :confused:

Gaz85

Badgeman
Sorry about the rather late reply.........good xmas all?

Had to re-take them as there were long periods between going back.

Trigger

My daughter came home armed with the test books and I thought to myself, Bloody hell it wasn't like this back in 1977! But she sailed through and is now becoming an "old WEM" They call it something teckie nowadays! She was going to join as an officer but wants to have fun first. Good luck to her :thumright:

slim

War Hero
Trigger said:
My daughter came home armed with the test books and I thought to myself, Bloody hell it wasn't like this back in 1977! But she sailed through and is now becoming an "old WEM" They call it something teckie nowadays! She was going to join as an officer but wants to have fun first. Good luck to her :thumright:

Tell her to have fun, but not so much as to blot her copy book if she wishes to progress to occifer.

Waspie

War Hero
Trigger said:
She was going to join as an officer but wants to have fun first. Good luck to her :thumright:

Love it, dad been telling her all about life in the wardbox I take it!!!!!! :thumright:

monty_trials

Badgeman
Forgot to mention that I did my English exam and passed that also!! So I have a level one Maths and English in C+G!!! Think I should phone my AFCO to see if they will let me take the nasty RT test again!!! It does not look like many people have been in my situation have they??!!

So is the RT test one of the worst parts or does it get worse??? Lol??? :p

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
monty_trials said:
It does not look like many people have been in my situation have they??!!
Most people take the hint after failing the 2nd time that a career with McDonalds is probably a better bet.

monty_trials said:
So is the RT test one of the worst parts or does it get worse??? Lol??? :p
That question, even with the LOL, explains why you've done so well on your previous attempts at the AFCO.