Recruitment test for the 3rd time?? Anyone else??

In terms of education mate you might find you learn better if you’ve got someone there explaining it all to you, especially when it comes to the basic rules and methods. I’d suggest you pop down to your local college if you can. Most of them run free courses for you to master the basics (and gain qualifications in the process).

I did a City & Guilds course in Maths and English and gained D grade GCSEs in both within 4 months and I only went for four hours each week (two hours for each subject).

slim

War Hero
I borrowed several books on philosophy and gynecology from the library.
several weeks later I returned them even paying the overdue fine, hadn't read them but if any young ladies would like their parts examined I'll do my best to help

monty_trials

Badgeman
Robmeister said:
In terms of education mate you might find you learn better if you’ve got someone there explaining it all to you, especially when it comes to the basic rules and methods. I’d suggest you pop down to your local college if you can. Most of them run free courses for you to master the basics (and gain qualifications in the process).

I did a City & Guilds course in Maths and English and gained D grade GCSEs in both within 4 months and I only went for four hours each week (two hours for each subject).

Had a phone call today off my AFCO today they said they are willing to let me re sit the RT YIPPEE :thumright: as long as I provide some kind of qualification... So you would think a City and Guilds would be better than a home course then?

monty_trials

Badgeman
Ninja_Stoker said:
Formal tuition rather than distance learning is heartily recommended.

Good luck.
Thanks...well as for last time I studied on my own in the space of 2 months and was only a few marks from passing...so with a tutor and more time I should be ok
But I am also going to study hard for this!! As this is my last chance!!

Gaz85

Badgeman
Keep your chin up mate......

Not so long ago i went back for the third time and again despite passing everything I am 'medically unfit' at the moment. That hasnt stopped just working on it to get in next year, which i will!!
So we are in the same sort of situation, so i understand how you feel!
Have you considered any other branches or do you have your heart set on air crAaft handler?

monty_trials

Badgeman
Gaz85 said:
Keep your chin up mate......

Not so long ago i went back for the third time and again despite passing everything I am 'medically unfit' at the moment. That hasnt stopped just working on it to get in next year, which i will!!
So we are in the same sort of situation, so i understand how you feel!
Have you considered any other branches or do you have your heart set on air crAaft handler?

Thanks... So you took your RT test 3 times also?? Did you have to go and study too???

How are you medically unfit? Something you can over come soon I hope? :)

When I took the RT test for the 2nd time as I was only a few marks away it felt like someone ripped my heart out and showed it two me!!!

One of the reasons I wanted to be a aircraft handler is because I have always dreamed of becoming a fire fighter, also the job looks like somthing I would love. I did look at being something like a Engineering Technician, as I am mechanic minded. How about you?????

Gaz85

Badgeman
Yes ive had the mis-pleasure of sitting the RT 3 times, that wasnt the problem with me, I passed with top marks all three times, so was no need for me to go study.

Im 'medically unfit' due to being a bit of a lard, first and second time i was told to come back but I wasnt at the weight required. Only now after getting a kick *********** ive actually started losing weight, hopefully be in by mid next year fella!

I'll be cis, If thats the job you want mate then i suggest you keep at it, if you feel you have the mindset and you were only a few marks off last time, a bit of hard work and you can do it!!!!

monty_trials said:
Hay people

Ok...
I took my recruitment test first time round about 4 years back wanting to join as aircraft handler.. I failed it badly!!!
quote]

My God how bad do you have to fail it for aircraft handler? Can you not drive a tractor? Wave your arms about and put out practice fires?