Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment test for the 3rd time?? Anyone else??

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
After your first fail you've had 4 years to do some formal study, get a piece of paper and then turn to.
Now you'd like the RN to let you sit the test and then you'll get some studying done, excellent logic.
NZB

thebigredman

Midshipman
Whoa, you got me all worried now! I am also applying to be an aircraft handler, only just sent off my application and SC/CTC stuff. I wish you and me the best of luck mate! i'll cross my fingers for both of us!

Reda

HOPPY1403

Lantern Swinger
I failed it the first time so instead of waiting 12 months I could take the test in 6 providing I attended a course or place of learning. So I got in touch with a personal tutor and I studied for about 5 months and passed the second time. Did you wait 12 months in between your tests as you could of done your second in 6 if you did a course how come you did not do that. My suggestion is you buy practice tests and study them and look at where you need to improve and really get used to the time limit you can do it good luck mate.

monty_trials

Badgeman
HOPPY1403 said:
I failed it the first time so instead of waiting 12 months I could take the test in 6 providing I attended a course or place of learning. So I got in touch with a personal tutor and I studied for about 5 months and passed the second time. Did you wait 12 months in between your tests as you could of done your second in 6 if you did a course how come you did not do that. My suggestion is you buy practice tests and study them and look at where you need to improve and really get used to the time limit you can do it good luck mate.

Hay
No I waited a good few years...After I failed it I lost interest..well tried to but it was always on my mind..
So last year I decided to re take it and I went to the library and got as many books on aptitude/psychometric/as I could find. Think I found about 12 books...even got GCSE ones. Even bought the "how to become" cd. Got people to give me spelling tests, did online tests...
Even after all that I was only a few marks off my chosen trade. All the other trades that was offered to me where va2 eye sight, were is my sight is VA3

In terms of education mate you might find you learn better if you’ve got someone there explaining it all to you, especially when it comes to the basic rules and methods. I’d suggest you pop down to your local college if you can. Most of them run free courses for you to master the basics (and gain qualifications in the process).

I did a City & Guilds course in Maths and English and gained D grade GCSEs in both within 4 months and I only went for four hours each week (two hours for each subject).

slim

War Hero
I borrowed several books on philosophy and gynecology from the library.
several weeks later I returned them even paying the overdue fine, hadn't read them but if any young ladies would like their parts examined I'll do my best to help

monty_trials

Badgeman
Robmeister said:
In terms of education mate you might find you learn better if you’ve got someone there explaining it all to you, especially when it comes to the basic rules and methods. I’d suggest you pop down to your local college if you can. Most of them run free courses for you to master the basics (and gain qualifications in the process).

I did a City & Guilds course in Maths and English and gained D grade GCSEs in both within 4 months and I only went for four hours each week (two hours for each subject).

Had a phone call today off my AFCO today they said they are willing to let me re sit the RT YIPPEE :thumright: as long as I provide some kind of qualification... So you would think a City and Guilds would be better than a home course then?

monty_trials

Badgeman
Ninja_Stoker said:
Formal tuition rather than distance learning is heartily recommended.

Good luck.
Thanks...well as for last time I studied on my own in the space of 2 months and was only a few marks from passing...so with a tutor and more time I should be ok
But I am also going to study hard for this!! As this is my last chance!!

monty_trials

Badgeman
I am doing City and Guilds in Maths and English!! Passed my Maths few days back, 82% I have my English exam at 6pm tonight!! wish me luck :)

Gaz85

Badgeman
Keep your chin up mate......

Not so long ago i went back for the third time and again despite passing everything I am 'medically unfit' at the moment. That hasnt stopped just working on it to get in next year, which i will!!
So we are in the same sort of situation, so i understand how you feel!
Have you considered any other branches or do you have your heart set on air crAaft handler?

monty_trials

Badgeman
Gaz85 said:
Keep your chin up mate......

Not so long ago i went back for the third time and again despite passing everything I am 'medically unfit' at the moment. That hasnt stopped just working on it to get in next year, which i will!!
So we are in the same sort of situation, so i understand how you feel!
Have you considered any other branches or do you have your heart set on air crAaft handler?

Thanks... So you took your RT test 3 times also?? Did you have to go and study too???

How are you medically unfit? Something you can over come soon I hope? :)

When I took the RT test for the 2nd time as I was only a few marks away it felt like someone ripped my heart out and showed it two me!!!

One of the reasons I wanted to be a aircraft handler is because I have always dreamed of becoming a fire fighter, also the job looks like somthing I would love. I did look at being something like a Engineering Technician, as I am mechanic minded. How about you?????

Gaz85

Badgeman
Yes ive had the mis-pleasure of sitting the RT 3 times, that wasnt the problem with me, I passed with top marks all three times, so was no need for me to go study.

Im 'medically unfit' due to being a bit of a lard, first and second time i was told to come back but I wasnt at the weight required. Only now after getting a kick *********** ive actually started losing weight, hopefully be in by mid next year fella!

I'll be cis, If thats the job you want mate then i suggest you keep at it, if you feel you have the mindset and you were only a few marks off last time, a bit of hard work and you can do it!!!!

monty_trials said:
Hay people

Ok...
I took my recruitment test first time round about 4 years back wanting to join as aircraft handler.. I failed it badly!!!
quote]

My God how bad do you have to fail it for aircraft handler? Can you not drive a tractor? Wave your arms about and put out practice fires?

monty_trials

Badgeman
Gaz85 said:
Yes ive had the mis-pleasure of sitting the RT 3 times, that wasnt the problem with me, I passed with top marks all three times, so was no need for me to go study.

Im 'medically unfit' due to being a bit of a lard, first and second time i was told to come back but I wasnt at the weight required. Only now after getting a kick *********** ive actually started losing weight, hopefully be in by mid next year fella!

I'll be cis, If thats the job you want mate then i suggest you keep at it, if you feel you have the mindset and you were only a few marks off last time, a bit of hard work and you can do it!!!!

Why would you need to take the RT test 3 times if you passed each time? I dont quite understand? :confused:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Recruitment test for the 3rd time?? Anyone else?? The Fleet Air Arm 10
G Recruitment test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
C Failed recruitment eye test Joining the Royal Navy 1
D Naval service recruitment test Joining the Royal Navy 4
MorganCUFC Recruitment Test, what to bring? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
M changing roles before recruitment test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
J Recruitment test results RFA 2
O Resit recruitment test after TMU? Joining the Royal Navy 3
dnnidlc RN Recruitment Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Royal Navy Recruitment test Joining the Royal Navy 5
C Recruitment Test? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
C Recruitment Test Joining the Royal Navy 19
T Recruitment Test Joining the Royal Navy 8
S Recruitment test next Monday - expired passport. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
S I'm worried about my Recruitment test! What score do I need to be a Weapons Technician? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
JockJack Recruitment Test Resit and new Career Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
James Howlett Recruitment Test results, CT, Logistics Or WarSpec, help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
E Recruitment Test expiration date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Ed.Ed. Is there a way to join the Royal Navy if I fail the recruitment test. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
B recruitment test for chef Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 56
R Is the selection interview on the same day as the recruitment test? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
B Recruitment Test - Help Needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
A Recruitment test help!!! And tips! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
janner New Recruitment test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Recruitment Test Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 13
W The Recruitment Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R Recruitment test + Job change Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
R Recruitment Test and Weapon Engineer! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 65
C AET recruitment stages (2nd test)... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
D Dress to impress for the Recruitment Test? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
hamisatypeofcheese Recruitment Test Validity Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
AledJ Recruitment test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
C Recruitment test sit ups Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
N royal navy recruitment test (RT) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
M Recruitment test if you are dyslesic??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
D I have my recruitment test tomorrow! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
copenhagencup Free driving test and licence as a recruitment tool Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
D Recruitment Test, 10th July! The Fleet 7
D The Recruitment Test, Additional Help! The Fleet 2
D The Recruitment Test, additional Help! The Fleet 6
MoD_RSS Home Secretary appoints former Chief Constable to support police recruitment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: recruitment launch for Legal Aid Review Panel MoD News 0
G Recruitment for Weapons Engineer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
MoD_RSS New recruitment drive to help 10,000 people with serious mental illness MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recruitment of independent members to ACOBA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 100,000 apply to join police in first year of recruitment drive MoD News 0
B Aircraft handler recruitment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS New recruitment campaign for Windrush independent adviser MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recruitment campaign launches for inaugural Chair of new environment watchdog MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 4,000 extra police officers to fight crime as recruitment continues MoD News 0