Recruitment test for the 3rd time?? Anyone else??

duggers20

Badgeman
Hey mate i failed my RT test first time, went home in dissapointment but determined not to give in. I wasn' any good at maths or engilish so i got a tutor and went on maths and english course for a year. Also I got myself some phyometric test books which were really worth buying. I went back and passed the test. Don't give in mate. good luck

monty_trials

Badgeman
duggers20 said:
Hey mate i failed my RT test first time, went home in dissapointment but determined not to give in. I wasn' any good at maths or engilish so i got a tutor and went on maths and english course for a year. Also I got myself some phyometric test books which were really worth buying. I went back and passed the test. Don't give in mate. good luck

Thanks...I am pretty sure I will pass it if I take it again...I did study for it the 2nd time round and I was so close...Now that I am about too do a course my self and do even more practice tests etc...

But I am not sure if they are going to let me take it a 3rd time. My AFCO said they will let me know possibly this friday
If they say no I might wright them a letter begging them lol

slim

War Hero
monty_trials said:
duggers20 said:

Thanks...I am pretty sure I will pass it if I take it again...I did study for it the 2nd time round and I was so close...Now that I am about too do a course my self and do even more practice tests etc...

But I am not sure if they are going to let me take it a 3rd time. My AFCO said they will let me know possibly this friday

Best of luck, however your English needs working on. Courses at lower levels are normally free of charge, I suggest you check out your local college of knowledge.

monty_trials

Badgeman
slim said:
monty_trials said:
duggers20 said:

Best of luck, however your English needs working on. Courses at lower levels are normally free of charge, I suggest you check out your local college of knowledge.
All depends what the AFCO says tomorrow... They might not let me take it for a 3rd time!!! I have not seen or heard anyone taking it for a 3rd time either...I have not been able to sleep well last few days hoping they are going to let me have another attempt!!

monty_trials

Badgeman
I phoned my AFCO today to see if they had made a decision on weather I could take the exam again, they said it was still pending, and that they would phone me on wednesday to let me know

They did say that they would only consider it if I had any evidence of further education...ie some kind of maths and english ceirtificate/qualification

Does anyone think I should wright a letter to my AFCO saying I am more than willing to do a course and I would be greatfull if they could let me take it again...As I would study for this test on a full time basis etc,,,<which I would>

Or would that not help my situation?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The AFCO will usually require evidence you have taken a course in education rather than your stated intent to take one if they let you re-sit the test.

People do occasionally get the opportunity for a 3rd re-sit, but there's little point, quite frankly, if you have not improved your overall maths & English ability through formal tuition first.

Good luck.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
After your first fail you've had 4 years to do some formal study, get a piece of paper and then turn to.
Now you'd like the RN to let you sit the test and then you'll get some studying done, excellent logic.
NZB

thebigredman

Midshipman
Whoa, you got me all worried now! I am also applying to be an aircraft handler, only just sent off my application and SC/CTC stuff. I wish you and me the best of luck mate! i'll cross my fingers for both of us!

Reda

HOPPY1403

Lantern Swinger
I failed it the first time so instead of waiting 12 months I could take the test in 6 providing I attended a course or place of learning. So I got in touch with a personal tutor and I studied for about 5 months and passed the second time. Did you wait 12 months in between your tests as you could of done your second in 6 if you did a course how come you did not do that. My suggestion is you buy practice tests and study them and look at where you need to improve and really get used to the time limit you can do it good luck mate.

monty_trials

Badgeman
HOPPY1403 said:
I failed it the first time so instead of waiting 12 months I could take the test in 6 providing I attended a course or place of learning. So I got in touch with a personal tutor and I studied for about 5 months and passed the second time. Did you wait 12 months in between your tests as you could of done your second in 6 if you did a course how come you did not do that. My suggestion is you buy practice tests and study them and look at where you need to improve and really get used to the time limit you can do it good luck mate.

Hay
No I waited a good few years...After I failed it I lost interest..well tried to but it was always on my mind..
So last year I decided to re take it and I went to the library and got as many books on aptitude/psychometric/as I could find. Think I found about 12 books...even got GCSE ones. Even bought the "how to become" cd. Got people to give me spelling tests, did online tests...
Even after all that I was only a few marks off my chosen trade. All the other trades that was offered to me where va2 eye sight, were is my sight is VA3