recruitment test for chef

I am looking to join the navy as a chef but would like to no whats the best area for me to brush up on in order for me to pass the recruitment test and get the job i want to do... i dont really want to have to wait 12 months in order to retake it.........

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The youth of the day probably expect there to be an app for that.

Boards and Chinagraphs are still used.

dixie_gooner

Lantern Swinger
We have boards with digital clocks built in. Chinagraph is still used on the board and the BA controller still requires a timepiece as the one built in to the board can not be relied on

slim

War Hero
I don't know how old you are, but if you do not have a GCSE at grade 3 or better I would enroll for both Maths & English at your local college. Preferably before sitting the RN examination.

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Practise the tests and you'll be ok. I knew it was my weak area, concentrated on it and I didn't do too bad in the end.

I've been hitting up the library looking at the GCSE standard mechanical books as advised by the C/Sgt at the AFCO. Fingers crossed for tomorrow (even though my maths is quite frankly piss poor. "If 4 is a and 7 is b what is the square root of a turnip?" As far as I'm concered, when you start using letters not numbers that makes it English not Maths!)

I've been hitting up the library looking at the GCSE standard mechanical books as advised by the C/Sgt at the AFCO. Fingers crossed for tomorrow (even though my maths is quite frankly piss poor. "If 4 is a and 7 is b what is the square root of a turnip?" As far as I'm concered, when you start using letters not numbers that makes it English not Maths!)
did you find any books?

Ha sorry went on a rant there due to sleepless nights revising!

Get to your local library mate everything you need is there. I've been living there and the gym the past few weeks

and for the comprehension exercises/ revision look under the GCSE section. Some pretty good exercises to help you (helped me definitely)