recruitment test for chef

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by bradleyrow, May 6, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am looking to join the navy as a chef but would like to no whats the best area for me to brush up on in order for me to pass the recruitment test and get the job i want to do... i dont really want to have to wait 12 months in order to retake it.........
  2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

3. Peel spuds and do a BA board, your in!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  4. That'll help.
  5. I wonder if they still use chinagraph BA boards. I assume it's all electronic nowadays.
  6. exJenny

The youth of the day probably expect there to be an app for that.

Boards and Chinagraphs are still used.

7. We have boards with digital clocks built in. Chinagraph is still used on the board and the BA controller still requires a timepiece as the one built in to the board can not be relied on
  8. I don't know how old you are, but if you do not have a GCSE at grade 3 or better I would enroll for both Maths & English at your local college. Preferably before sitting the RN examination.
  9. I Tell you what, I'm on top of everything apart from my mechanical comprehension, that's the 1 bit I struggle on...
  10. exJenny

Practise the tests and you'll be ok. I knew it was my weak area, concentrated on it and I didn't do too bad in the end.

11. Thank you for that, I do intend to focus on that area... what did you use to revise with?
  12. exJenny

13. I've been hitting up the library looking at the GCSE standard mechanical books as advised by the C/Sgt at the AFCO. Fingers crossed for tomorrow (even though my maths is quite frankly piss poor. "If 4 is a and 7 is b what is the square root of a turnip?" As far as I'm concered, when you start using letters not numbers that makes it English not Maths!)
  14. ?

Stupid question... what's a ba board?
  15. did you find any books?
  16. Ha sorry went on a rant there due to sleepless nights revising!

Get to your local library mate everything you need is there. I've been living there and the gym the past few weeks
  17. exJenny

It's to do with fire fighting onboard and breathing apparatus. You'll learn about it on the basic sea survival course before joining your first ship. Nothing to worry about now.

18. and for the comprehension exercises/ revision look under the GCSE section. Some pretty good exercises to help you (helped me definitely)
  19. Word of warning guys the RN Chefs course is the hardest in the navy - no-ones ever passed it!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  20. exJenny

Post #19 must be a record.

Good luck with your RTs chaps.

• Like Like x 2