Recruitment Test, 10th July!

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by D3AN, Jun 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey people,

I applied as a clearance diver a good few months ago, and my application got accepted, got a bit side tracked for a while.. but i rang the AFCO the other day, and got my date for my RT..

Just wondering, anyone got any tips, or words of wisdom they'd like to share with me, lol!

any help would be greatfully appreciated,
    thnxs guys.. Dean.
  2. Don't tell them you're a pacifist. :wink:
  3. Hmm, get out why you can? lol Only joking.

Just make sure you are fully fit and can acheive the RNFT times. Start running regulary as often and as early as you can. Ensure you are up on basic maths and english skills and make sure you give a well presented, confident and assertive interview.

Maybe a little reseach on what clearance divers actually do will also help and a basic background of the navy. All these will help you when you get into basic training.

Good luck
  4. I got asked questions about school, what I liked, disliked, why I liked or disliked them, relationships, any debts, any probs with police, sports, hobbies pastimes whatever and stuff like what would I do if someone was taking drugs or would I be able to kill someone and stuff like that.

And stuff. :wink:
  5. LOL, they should be interested in what i have 2 say then.. hehe!

I have already looked into the role of RN Diver, i have a friends who passed his PEDA (pre entry diving aqcuaint) and is starting his Diver training.. Just thought i'd ask, always helpful to get tips from people who have done it... And i might aswell make use of this membership to the forum :p

thnxs guys, i've taken notes ;)
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Don't be surprised when the Medic puts both hands on your shoulders when he gives you an enema...
  7. Why, Was you?
  8. C'mon guys....
    I know there are a alot of Veterans on this forum, some good adivice would be appreciated...

Also, any of you have any regrets..