recruitment process

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by deano_navy, May 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just wondering. i have my medical on the 7th of may. How long do you have to wait to do yours PJFT and your interview?

just want to get everything passed so i can join the waiting bus.

2. After being passed as medically fit you are given a month (I may be wrong but it's around that time) in which to book and complete your PJFT. After that it's anybodies guess but I had mine within 3 weeks of passing the PJFT.

3. thanks that gives me a rough idea.

cheers for that.

4. I think it is a month (I am usually right though)

5. I had to do mine within 21 days.

6. There isn't really a definitive answer, if your afco is a busy one could be a month or so. Or if they manage to rush you through it could be pjft one week and interview the next...

7. My advice; As soon as you get your papers for the PJFT through (assuming you pass the medical) Book the PJFT and get it done ASAP.

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It does vary from AFCO to AFCO depending on volume of applicant & the trades or which the applicants are applying.

Shortage trades will be processed ahead of non-shortage trades, but the "clock" starts when you pass the recruiting test, so the sooner you pass the test, the better, regardless which AFCO processes the application.

9. where abouts is your afco deano

10. my AFCO is in Dundee. just hope to get everything passed. I am interested in warfare Spec but i dont think i will meet the colour perception requirments hopefully my second choices will not be a problem for my passing the medical. My eye test gave me the best standard 1 but i am slightly colourblind which is a bummer.

11. a ok it just i know a deano that stays in dunoon or used to, haha and i found out off someone in the gym that he was intrested in joining, and when a saw your name i just assumed haha