Recruitment Process - Medical Assessment

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by lukesull, May 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have my medical next week, passed the eye test, no asthma or anything in me or family but i had a suspected dislocated shoulder last september, it fully healed in four weeks and got back to playing sport and working as a sheet metal worker and been fine since, would that bar me passing the medical by any chance?
  2. Fixed that for you :)
  3. I had my med last week and was 100% truthful about sprains/breaks and all that happened was he sent a letter to my GP requesting record details to prove it's all good/no complications. As long as it is all good then you have nothing to worry about in being truthful and you could probably save time if you go and get the details of it from your GP to take with you?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just get a copy of your medical notes relating to the injury and take them to the medical examination - they can be produced if required and having them with you will save a lot of time or potential disappointment later if you fail to disclose. The issue is whether it's any more likely to recur.