Recruitment of CFAVs

We have three new adults, one who has been on strength now for over a year and due to "paperwork" by the powers that be only one, not the one who has been in a year, has been taken on strength as a uniformed instructor. The SCC needs to seriously look at how it recruits and retains adults. Anyone else struggling with the current system? On a separate note the bar to my CFM is over two years late now and the only person chasing it is me. Is the whole chain of command and response to new adults and requests of current CFAVs due an overhaul? Having volunteered with CCF army, CCF RN, VCC, CCF RAF, and ATC, why is the admin burden and red tape of the SCC such a nightmare, they even have RN FTRS officers on loan from the RN to help, what is the cause of the problem? (I know some will say the RN officers but I don't believe that).

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

The CCF struggles with the same! The problem is getting enough people centrally to sort things out! CFAVs are all volunteers and so there aren't too many people doing paperwork!

I think that the SCC is worse because every unit is its own organisation and it is complicated where noone wants to do the paperwork, as central say it is district, district say it is unit and unit say it is either district or central.

CFM wise I would say that from my limited experience of SCC HQ, everything is extremely cadet-orientated (as it should be), so without constant pestering, these things get swept under the carpet a bit

The CCF struggles with the same! The problem is getting enough people centrally to sort things out! CFAVs are all volunteers and so there aren't too many people doing paperwork!

I think that the SCC is worse because every unit is its own organisation and it is complicated where noone wants to do the paperwork, as central say it is district, district say it is unit and unit say it is either district or central.

CFM wise I would say that from my limited experience of SCC HQ, everything is extremely cadet-orientated (as it should be), so without constant pestering, these things get swept under the carpet a bit
CCF has changed since I left then, used to be really slick.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

I think it depends on the school to be honest! A lot of staff don't really give one about CCF so things don't really get done :)

Unlike the SCC, once things go central, they get done VERY fast :)