Recruitment Figure

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by lloydie, May 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. was looking through the navy FAQ's and saw that the Navy employ about 4,500 people a year is this still the same fact with the whole economic downturn, i suppose that would reflect in the waiting times if there are around 7,500 people on the waiting list would in theory take 2 years to get those people into the navy!
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Well spotted, on average it is getting close to two years for the bulk of trades.
  3. I feel I have a long wait ahead of me.
    Is it the same with the recruitment of officers at the moment, all the waiting to get a job?
  4. It is indeed, join the bus ;)
  5. No, it's a shorter time for Officers, 12 months or so - most of that is taken up with the different elements of the application process, culminating in the AIB and then a short wait for a BRNC slot.
  6. I should really read things properly first. Disregard my last comment :oops:
  7. My friend got rushed through for warfare officer he only had to wait 5 months to go to brnc. He went in last Monday lucky begger!
  8. Sorry that ment a 5 month wait from rt test