Recruit test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by wannabe_submariner, Apr 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone first post on here.Anyway im struggling with my recruit test and getting stressed about it.I have been getting 60-70 % in the verbal and reasoning practice but struggling in the question in numerical format in the reasoning papers i have done.and im only getting 14/20 in the numerical practice paper.also i have expressed a interest in the marine engineer branch submariner i was wondering what sort of pass mark should i aim for.any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. OMM

OMM War Hero

You shouldn't be aiming for a mark but just doing your best.

Go over all the numerical questions on BBC bite size, it's a good resource.

3. If you search in the box for 'RT test' tonnes of threads will come up which you might find useful, including one which has the marking matrix for each job (not sure if it's the up to date one but might give a bit of an indication!) Maybe not worth getting too worried about what the score is though, just obviously aim for the very highest mark you can. Maths isn't my strong point, I just made sure I practiced working against the clock when revising, as this was the real challenge; the questions themselves aren't overly difficult if you had no time limit. Just keep at it, I found brain training and online tests useful, and if you prepare you will feel alot more confident on the day. Good luck!

4. Erm, aren't they just about the same?

• Like Like x 1
  5. 14/20 is 70%....

6. I'm not sure that I can believe my eyes. ^

7. That made me inexplicably laugh for some reason and I don't even know what you are in disbelief about. Bedtime for me.

8. Someone kindly confirming that 14/20 is 70% is what stunned me a little. G'night.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You just made me check my maths again, then I saw your previous post! That will teach me to read previous comments before posting...

• Like Like x 1