Recognition of troops return from Iraq & Afghanistan

Father_Famine

Lantern Swinger
In view of the tremendous effort the guys in Afghanistan and Iraq are putting in, I believe there should be some recognition for them on their return.

Now remembering back to when I returned from Falklands and Gulf (twice) the important thing to me was just to get back to the family, however certainly on the way back we had the chance to party like there was no tomorrow.

Do the guys now stop off on the way home for "a bit of a do"?

When I say recognition, I don't mean a parade or stuff like that, but, I would certainly be willing to donate the odd bottle of scotch etc to let them have a bit of a regimental p1ss up.

Does anyone else have any ideas about this, I realise it is probably more ARSSE based now, but, the Booties are taking over from Paras now so it then becomes a little more relevant to us

Perhaps someone could also put this idea abit more eloquently

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS AIA surrenders Ofqual recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS IFA surrenders Ofqual recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Industry Qualifications surrender Ofqual recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for evidence: Collaborative use of live facial recognition technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biometrics Commissioner on the police use of live facial recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to announcement on Live Facial Recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recognition of Imray Laurie Norie and Wilson as a chart producer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-Japan exchange of letters on mutual recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Automated facial recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sir Alan Duncan welcomes Greece's recognition of Juan Guaido MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Driving Society surrenders Ofqual recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK's approach to antimicrobial resistance gets UN recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: HS2 Ltd and TSSA sign recognition agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: CELL surrenders Ofqual recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Facial recognition technology to help in fight against prison drug trafficking MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: UK colonial legacy: Recognition and Reconciliation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ethical principles to guide police facial recognition trials MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK and USA agree to continue Mutual Recognition Agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK and New Zealand to continue Mutual Recognition Agreement as PM Jacinda Ardern visits UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK and Australia agree continuity of Mutual Recognition Agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: MAA international engagement and recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Special Recognition for Ministry of Defence Police Inspector Anne Turner MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Employer Recognition Scheme Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Position location through environmental recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Italian, German, Spanish and UK MAAs conduct Recognition MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: New recognition for Reserve and Regular military service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Developing face-recognition technology MoD News 0
soleil "Greater Recognition For Senior Female Officers" UPO/Careers Office 27
MoD_RSS Libya operation recognition for Naval Air Squadron personnel MoD News 0
Seaweed Arctic Convoys - recognition History 5
Stirling Pasty recognition. Diamond Lil's 2
soleil Scotsman: "A Few Good Men: The World War II Heroes In Search Of Recognition" History 0
Comm. Some nice recognition for LHF The Fleet Air Arm 6
Naval_Gazer Royal Recognition for the Junglies The Fleet Air Arm 6
T Ladyboys seek legal recognition Diamond Lil's 0
sgtpepperband Veteran sailors are denied recognition for heroic mission Current Affairs 2
D RN Tactical Recognition Flash The Fleet 29
H Lack Of Recognition For RN/RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 77
C more recognition...and some true statements! The Quarterdeck 6
theoldti Decorative Recognition Submariners 49
MoD_RSS Defence Minister visits vital work being conducted by troops in Cyprus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Counter-poaching troops help with historic Black Rhino move in Malawi MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM's speech to British troops in Tapa, Estonia: 21 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister visits British troops in Estonia for Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 200 UK troops deploy to support flood relief MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 3,000 troops from 14 countries in UK for NATO Exercise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Duke of Sussex visits UK troops on counter-poaching operations in Malawi MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Portable protection barriers for Troops MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK to deploy 250 troops to Mali on peacekeeping operations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Hundreds of British troops arrive in Croatia for airborne exercises MoD News 0