Recieved my Application today

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ben_C, Apr 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Went for AET.

The booklet I got with the application said there would be 2 tests? Is this correct as I was under the impression that there would only be 1 test after speaking to the AFCO.

I'm not too fussed obviously, but would be nice to have a heads up.

Also, what should I revise for the second test? As the information booklet explains nothing in general. I really don't want to mess this opportunity up due to lack of revision on my part.

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Ben
  2. When I did it the test was in three part, English Maths and Mechanical Comprehension (a bit like physics really). They normally give you a few sample questions so ask the AFCO if they forgot.
  3. Sorry, I didn't explain clearly.

I meant that there was 2 sets of tests.

1 which contains the mandatory aptitude test and another which contained something else which was not made clear.

Thanks, Ben
  4. fitness test most likely. 2.4km run is what ive been told. in under somet like 12 minutes. which is piece of piss.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

There used to be a second Mathematics test for AET (Same as the Artificer maths test) until 2005- you had to score 13 Correct from 40 questions in 15 minutes. You will be reassured to hear you now only have to pass the one, multiple choice test (Reasoning/Literature/Numeracy & Mechanical Comprehension).
  6. hi
    I'm going for AET I only had to do the mulitiple choice test.
  7. Brilliant!

Thanks for the help everyone :D
  8. Im in phase 2 AET training at HMS Sultan just now and i can assure you that you only have to do the multiple choice test at the AFCO.