Recently failed my PJFT

O_Brown99

Hey guys,
I've just got a quick question to see if you guys know. Can I still join the RFA if I've failed my PJFT recently or do I still have to wait a year to apply? I really want to be on the waves and the only thing that's hindering me is the fitness.
Thanks for any help :)

lifeatsea

Midshipman
why not work on your fitness and give it another shot ? you get 3 chances to pass PJFT so may not be the end of the road just yet!

redmonkey

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Did you fail at the same thing each time?
After the first failure did you do anything to correct your failing or did you ignore any points made ?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I just couldn't run the whole way, no matter how much I tried
REALLY? I assume that you are under 35 years old. You should be able to virtually fast walk the distance in the time available. My sympathy level is very low - after the first fail you should have extracted your finger. After the second you should have sought some training help.

If you fail at this standard, then there is no way you'd survive basic training.

Waspie

War Hero
REALLY? I assume that you are under 35 years old. You should be able to virtually fast walk the distance in the time available. My sympathy level is very low - after the first fail you should have extracted your finger. After the second you should have sought some training help.

If you fail at this standard, then there is no way you'd survive basic training.
Have to agree.

The need obviously wasn't there!!

EliteBlue

When I went for my PJFT about 2 years back I did a lot of training beforehand according to a fitness schedule, which I attribute to me passing first time. Did you actually follow any kind of fitness routine? If you are going to restart an application, demonstrate you are fit first time by smashing it by prepping beforehand- pm if you need any details on the fitness routine I did.