Received an entry date

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Mictu, Jan 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just received the news that I am starting HMS Raleigh on the 27th October. Although the few posts that I have made got plenty of stick, I have been a regular reader of the threads on rum ration and would like to thank everyone for their advice. Cheers!
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well done and good luck with your patience! You join exactly 27 years and 1 week after I did... :oops:
  3. OMM

OMM War Hero

Well done.

How long ago did you submit your online vetting?

Does that have to be completed before receiving a date?

What trade are you going for and when's your PRNC?

4. Thanks a lot

To answer your questions I submitted my online vetting about a year ago now but I think that I have to do it again soon.

I do not know the answer to that one, best to speak to your AFCO.

And I am joining as a Sea Spec, I am awaiting to be booked in for my PRNC.

If it helps I applied August 2010.
  5. OMM

OMM War Hero

So you've waited your fair bit of time.

I applied January 2012 so just over 12 months, I'm expecting to get an October date also.

Best of luck in training, maybe ill see you there.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. do you mean you pass your RT in Jan 2012? And does the waiting time start from then, I passed RT in June 2012. How come your expecting October date mate any reason
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Generally, it'll probably be because that's what his AFCO advised. Avoid comparing "waiting times" as they depend on the number of places available at the time of initiating the application process and it can differ month to month depending on the service requirement and the numbers applying for that particular branch.
  8. OMM

OMM War Hero

As ninja said, it was because they were being allocated at the time and I was just waiting to be placed. Got Nov 10th a few months back.
  9. Lollllllllllll
  10. Welcome back, where u bin?

operation yew tree never got you then?
  11. Erm he wrote that before he 'went away'. There's a little date thingy at the top.
  12. Bugger!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Where you been JFH, SPB posted that in the beginning of January!!!...edited to add Guzzler beat me to it.
  14. It's working with ex crabs, cooks the old brain, wot!!!
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013