Received an entry date

I have just received the news that I am starting HMS Raleigh on the 27th October. Although the few posts that I have made got plenty of stick, I have been a regular reader of the threads on rum ration and would like to thank everyone for their advice. Cheers!

OMM

War Hero
Well done.

How long ago did you submit your online vetting?

Does that have to be completed before receiving a date?

What trade are you going for and when's your PRNC?

Thanks

Thanks a lot

To answer your questions I submitted my online vetting about a year ago now but I think that I have to do it again soon.

I do not know the answer to that one, best to speak to your AFCO.

And I am joining as a Sea Spec, I am awaiting to be booked in for my PRNC.

If it helps I applied August 2010.

OMM

War Hero
So you've waited your fair bit of time.

I applied January 2012 so just over 12 months, I'm expecting to get an October date also.

Best of luck in training, maybe ill see you there.

do you mean you pass your RT in Jan 2012? And does the waiting time start from then, I passed RT in June 2012. How come your expecting October date mate any reason

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
How come your expecting October date mate any reason
Generally, it'll probably be because that's what his AFCO advised. Avoid comparing "waiting times" as they depend on the number of places available at the time of initiating the application process and it can differ month to month depending on the service requirement and the numbers applying for that particular branch.

OMM

War Hero
do you mean you pass your RT in Jan 2012? And does the waiting time start from then, I passed RT in June 2012. How come your expecting October date mate any reason
As ninja said, it was because they were being allocated at the time and I was just waiting to be placed. Got Nov 10th a few months back.