Reasonably Confident of Selction

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Waiting game, Oct 31, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hoping Ninja is on line today to give his valued opinion. Have recently completed AIB and passed. Letter received advised "you can be reasonably confident of selection for Nov intake" - however, not selected. Anyone out there have an opinion on chances of being selected for next intake? Feel as though I will be pushed aside now as next batches come through AIB. Anyone out there missed out on one selection and got in on next?
  2. The selection board meets next Thursday with you being notified within a week so you haven't got long to wait to find out anyway. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for swift response Booner..... Couple more weeks of sleepless nights then!!
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Fingers-crossed, not everyone selected may accept the offer of service next week. This means that those who passed but were not selected, may well still get the call.

Whilst the AIB pass mark may well be around 180, they will fill the batch from the top end - this means those not selected this time may wish to consider re-taking AIB to improve their scores and increase the opportunity for early selection - those passing after, but scoring higher will be allocated ahead.

What maybe of interest is that from this years RM YO batch, about 84 passed AIB, I think about 60 were selected (6 promoted from the ranks). Four guys "opted-out" early days, three of whom were replaced by those on the passed-but-not-selected-list.

Don't give-up just yet - "reasonably confident of selection" means it was a decent score.
  5. Thanks Ninja, encouraging
  6. I'm in the same boat pal, mine said "reasonably optimistic of selection" so fingers crossed. I've been waiting since the beginning of October so not that long but it has felt like ages aha. Best of luck to you. Hope to see you in Feb!

7. Which branch you hoping for?
  8. Pilot mate. Yourself?

9. What's that aha? Sounds like a clothes shop. ;)

10. Hydrographic & Meteorology
  11. I thought Selection Board meeting beginning Dec ..... You sure it's next week?
  12. Maybe it's at a different point depending on your branch. I was told at AIB the selection board met on the 6th of November.

13. Well we'll soon find out !
  14. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

The changes to AIB mean that you'd best be a good runner or else the score is irrelevant...
  15. I hope that's the case, fingers crossed.

16. Meaning?????
  17. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Meaning a fail at RNFT on the AIB will end your hopes of joining the Service.
  18. As it should, frankly.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I got a "pass, but..." at AIB because I failed the fitness test.

Mind you, that was because I was trying to do it with freshly broken ribs and some nasty bruising (fell off the equipment and landed badly during the practice PLT session) so they let me retake it when I could laugh without wincing; once I'd passed it I could continue.