Reason nobody is joining up

Dr.Zoidberg said:
tiddlyoggy said:
Whose gob? And what have either of them done to upset you? Cuttlefish Jesus is a little temperamental today isn't he?
:lol: :lol:

Women, York, shopping and a lack of pub time seem to be the problem.
Cuttlefish Jesus! I like that. And Wannabe, you're only annoyed because you didn't think of CA's classy offer first.

stimps said:
Nails said:
Get a grip!
Yes 12k isn't a lot of money, but living expenses are highly subsidised as well and the opportunities far outweigh the costs.
I don't know about you, but for me and i hope for a lot of others, it isn't all about the money. There a sense of pride as well about doing something important with your life.
I do "give a frig" about the queen and this country. if all you want out of the job is money in your back pocket, then it really isn't for you!
next time if you want your own little rant, fair enough, but don't assume it's everyone else's view.
That's my little rant over. probably sounds horrifically pompous, but that's my thoughts on it.
Why do you care about this coiuntry? What's so good about it? And what's so good about the queen? She does f'uck all. I'm f'ucked if i'df ever do a thing for people like prince harry, who goes about wearing nazi uniforms and being racist. There's no need for the royal family now anyway. They are pointless. We need to move with the times and have a system that represents a culturally diverse Britain and do away with shitty racist traditions. Infact the royal family are all Germans anyway.

go ahead call me a **** i agree with nails...... onli on 1 thing! that soldiers in combat should be paid alot more! other than that nails ur a twat! its your choice to join up no1 is forcing u its laid out in black and white if u dont like it dont join! i cant wait to get in! i could never get a job in civi's where i can earn that sorta money while not even qualified! better yet do it with the chances of increasing other qualifications for free! oh dont forget the business trips all round the world! the chance to be in the rememberence parade in london standing near the pm! if u dont like this country leave i will admit i plan to oneday but onli because i want to see the world! but home will always be england!

ah i can see how some people wouldnt like that but my brother in law is in the service n he got a london hotel for 4 days when he did it this year and i love london just can never afford to visit that much :(

Nails said:
Then why is it undermanned? There may be a waiting list for people wanting to start training. But people soon realise life in the corps is shit and either opt out or leave asap.
Because every f*cker fails the medicals.... Nails you make me laugh matey

Andrew_1980

Lantern Swinger
Whether life is shit or not in training / after vs. how much a guy is compensated is a matter of opinion surely. I couldn't give a flying fcuk about how much I get paid, not even near the top of the list of things I'm considering.. this country is full of self-serving plonkers who demand instant gratification and high-standards all around, and I'm joining up so I can help defend their right to be self-serving plonkers. Everything else that comes with it on top of being able to do that is just gravy.. potential of friends for life, free qualifications on the job, stories to tell, the opportunity to surpass your own levels of achievement every day, travel, saying bye-bye to a 9-5 desk job, heck, that last one alone is enough reward for a guy to take less money.. need I go on?

Andrew_1980 said:
Whether life is shit or not in training / after vs. how much a guy is compensated is a matter of opinion surely. I couldn't give a flying fcuk about how much I get paid, not even near the top of the list of things I'm considering.. this country is full of self-serving plonkers who demand instant gratification and high-standards all around, and I'm joining up so I can help defend their right to be self-serving plonkers. Everything else that comes with it on top of being able to do that is just gravy.. potential of friends for life, free qualifications on the job, stories to tell, the opportunity to surpass your own levels of achievement every day, travel, saying bye-bye to a 9-5 desk job, heck, that last one alone is enough reward for a guy to take less money.. need I go on?
Probably the reasons why I joined up in '83 when ... cough ..... ahh bugger .... you were 3 .. cough .... get me coat ...

Nails said:
Money!

You get twelve grand as a recruit in training. That's pathetic consiering how sh!t life as a nod is. And about sixteen grand when you pass training. Again, sh!t for what you have to do.

Personally I couldn't give a frig about the queen or this country. I want money in my pocket and expect to be paid accordingly. If the army and marines don't start paying it's combat soldiers better, nobody will bother joining because what is in it for them?
I think the reason people are not jioning up is fear of meeting CNUNTS like you nails

mattbea said:
Nails said:
Then why is it undermanned? There may be a waiting list for people wanting to start training. But people soon realise life in the corps is shit and either opt out or leave asap.
Because every f*cker fails the medicals....
Not everyone just self harming gayers like you and those not medically or mentally able to hack it.

Andrew_1980 said:
I dunno mate. 9-5 desk jobs are pretty good really. You're clean, well paid, only there for 8 hours and when you're done you can go home, have sex, drink beer, smoke spliffs and chill out. You can hardly do that when your on a six month tour in Norway, living in a tent surrounded by men. And with the desk job you can spend all your GOOD wages at the weekend doing what you want for YOU.

Could another reason be that there human rights are been explioted as of news tyestereday.I asK you whart a load of BOOLO£$")))000 its TOoo hot in this desert We should stop fighting til it cools down TOSH

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Oil_Slick Diamond Lil's 23
andym Diamond Lil's 6
golden_rivet History 1