Really upset, and i dont know what to do???

Hi there,

I'm meant to be joining raleigh Sunday, I'm going in as a weapons engineer submariner.
The only problem is I really really really want to go Sunday... But lastnight Ive going and fractured a bone in my hand... I've been to the hospital and its defo broken... But I can still use my hand like grip and all that stuff... I cannot wait 6 months and I just want to go in Sunday... I don't know what to do because I genuinly can do all the phys still.... HELP

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hi there,

I'm meant to be joining raleigh Sunday, I'm going in as a weapons engineer submariner.
The only problem is I really really really want to go Sunday... But lastnight Ive going and fractured a bone in my hand... I've been to the hospital and its defo broken... But I can still use my hand like grip and all that stuff... I cannot wait 6 months and I just want to go in Sunday... I don't know what to do because I genuinly can do all the phys still.... HELP
Sorry to hear of your circumstances. Call your AFCO this morning without fail.

If you have broken a bone in your hand then you cannot undergo the rigours of training unfortunately as you'll need both hands fully functional to climb ropes in the gym, conduct press-ups, climb obstacles, carry heavy equipment, fire weapons, undertake damage control and firefighting drills, etc., etc.

If you arrive at HMS Raleigh with an undisclosed pre-existing medical condition, you will be discharged and sent straight home unfortunately. If you get as far as attensting before being discharged, you will probably delay re-entry significantly, so do the right thing and have a speedy recovery.

The Navy has been kicking around for a few centuries, it'll still be there in a few months, rest assured. :)

Taztiff

War Hero
The Navy has been kicking around for a few centuries
Unlike the junior services who would take you like a shot!
As Ninja says, call AFCO, you do not want to turn up at Raleigh and get put on the first bus home. This site is full of stories along the same line, all agree on this.
Good luck