really newbie questions

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by ltclarke, Sep 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. please remove
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

3. please delete
  4. sgtpepperband

Reasons for apparent lack of interest in this post:

You are named "lt clarke" indicating that you are, or have aspirations of officer rank. However your grammar and punctuation indicates that you clearly are not. Furthermore, innane questions such as: not help the matter. And the constant referral to your girlfriend - is she your guardian or carer or something?! If she loves you she'll support you; if she doesn't support you, she's not wothy of being your girlfriend - sorry!

If you want to join up just go to your local unit and ask the questions to the people you'll be serving alongside. If you cannot et there then it is likely that you'll be committed enough to join the RNR.
  5. please delete
  6. Erm just a little point, if you have always loved the sea, why the RNR? If you want to go to sea join the R.N. Discuss with girlfriend/ wife/ whatever, and let us know the outcome. :w00t:
  7. oooooo
  8. sgtpepperband

Well if you DO decide to go along to your nearest Unit, then perhaps you can take her along too, in order to help her learn more about the RNR herself (as it seems she needs it too).

You can commit to the RNR as much as you want (notwithstanding certain annual training/exercise obligations), but if it doesn't work out, then at least you have tried it.

Failing that, stay on Rum Ration and become a 'Walt'... 8O :wink:
  9. oooooo
  10. The RN is an Armed Service, surely it should be implicit in that status that one may be engaged in some form of conflict, be that peace support operations or otherwise.

Of course crossing the road bears risk, presumably she doesn't like you doing that either.....

Sorry to be flippant, but......
  11. FFS are you real? No if you join the Armed Forces, you are special, It`s the civilians that they send to war. By the way, get your haircut. ( It`s time for my medication, I was ok till i read your post) :threaten:
  12. Mind you, if the brown envelope hits the doormat telling to go and draw your desert kit, then you're stuck with it.

Most branches are still in the negotiate a deployment phase, but it's probably only a metter of time until that changes. Of course one could contrive to avoid deployments for a whole career in the RNR, but I get the impression that CMR is trying to reduce the incidence of that in the reserve service.
  13. sgtpepperband

Hmm, a pacifist in a uniform? I hate dem feckers... 8O :lol:
  14. It's your hair.

Personally I've had a grade 2 all over for my entire career.
  15. curtains?
  16. OMG It`s not Norman is it? :w00t: