Realistic Timescale?

Pascal

Had my triage phone call today, deemed TMU until mid-May as 2 years need to have elapsed since I was diagnosed with a given condition.

Would this be a likely timescale from medical to BNRC provided nothing further goes wrong?

May - Medical
June - PFJT
Jul/Aug - SIFT
Sep/Oct - AIB
Jan - BRNC

Chalk_bosun

Lantern Swinger
January is certainly achievable. Depends a lot on your chosen branch and performance at AIB though. At least you have a modicum of control over this, unlike the timings of much of the recruitment process.

All the best of luck.

Pascal

OK fingers crossed for no setbacks. Applying for X and I imagine that I'll perform relatively well. Am I correct in thinking that there are three intakes per year in Jan, May and Sept? And AIB occurs every week Mon-Fri, bar holidays?

Chalk_bosun

Lantern Swinger
That was my understanding. Your ACLO will be able to advise you on AIB, intakes, waiting times etc for X and all kinds of other good stuff.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Just to add, technically you are PMU until at least May, not TMU.

TMU means your medical suitability for service has yet to be determined at this moment in time - it has. For as long as there is no recurrence of the condition, you can be passed fit as early as May, but if there is a recurrence you remain PMU until symptom free for a determined period.

Rest assured the medical examiners get the TMU/PMU thing wrong too.