Real Life Getting In the Way

taffscrivs

War Hero
Not really scrivs. My mission was to challenge Slim and Sumo's POV about Brexit, which I suspected was based on racist instinct, bigotry and ignorance. It was exactly that. They didn't like that of the continued humiliation, so with a few others, they started digging out personal information on me. That isn't really nice, is it? Especially when Sumo starts with the stuff involving y family. It's mainly all out there scrivs, a few mouse clicks and I could easily have information on you which if I started plastering all over here you'd be most displeased and possibly want to put a dent in my existence. Especially if you don't want it out there. Such is how they work. And Sumo has been banned before with exactly the same profile of behaviour. Slim's excluded from other service based forums too. There's a pattern here.

Agreed. Long may it last. We can debate, we can disagree but it doesn't need to descend to that.

levers
Thanks Levers, an excellent post, I totally agree, there is never a need to go down to basement level and start hurling abuse at each other on what is supposed to be a friendly and informative forum. Piss taking yes, that's Jack's way, getting personal, never.
Let's all hope that lessons have been learned here and we don't see a repeat performance again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Mail: "Real-Life 'Rocket Man' Wearing A Jet Pack Launches From ... HMS Queen Elizabeth" The Fleet 8
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "Real-Life Comic Book Heroes Mark Submarine Service's Birthday At Faslane Dinner" Submariners 0
P In Real Life Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 45
MoD_RSS Travel advice: Real Madrid CF vs Manchester City FC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS E-seminar: Real-time PCR for food authenticity including horse DNA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pushing for real implementation of women in the peace and security agenda MoD News 0
MoD_RSS No-deal is a very real prospect. We must ensure we are ready: article by Michael Gove MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wages overtake inflation for 16th month in a row – fastest real terms growth since 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Experts to drive “real change” in support of teachers’ wellbeing MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp The last surviving REAL Great Escape Survivor finally passes away History 0
Ageing_Gracefully Real Big Boats Diamond Lil's 4
MoD_RSS Press release: Lord Ahmad and Carey Mulligan: “International community must work together to ensure that children in conflict zones have a real chance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: DASA Real-World Incident Hackathon MoD News 0
LateToTheParty Super fast application process... it's now very real Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Real-time interactive query language MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Security Minister: What is real is reasonable MoD News 0
Seaweed A REAL sea story .. The Book Club 1
MoD_RSS News story: Identifying cyber insider threats in real time MoD News 0
Guns Junior Officers and real secondary duties The Fleet 1
MrIndeed How similar is the royal navy entrance test example to the real thing? (Also need Help) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
chrismonc87 Always go to Parties in Torpoint...... this is real i kid you not Diamond Lil's 2
BillyNoMates Get yourself a real take-away. The Quarterdeck 0
soleil Mail: "A Real Maverick! Norwegian F16 Fighter Pilot Poses For A Selfie" The Fleet Air Arm 6
D James B has real mental issues. The Gash Barge 11
Ageing_Gracefully Competition ; The REAL Great Escape Competitions 8
2_deck_dash Real Ale Random Name Generator. Diamond Lil's 17
Ballistic Real Ale Festival Diamond Lil's 4
stan_the_man best best real man movies ever Diamond Lil's 43
R The Real Red Sailor Role Model The Book Club 9
Waspie A REAL SAR cab over Portland. The Fleet Air Arm 8
soleil Defence Management: "'The Carrier Debacle Is Clouding Real Maritime Security Issues" The Fleet 2
soleil Navy News: "Men Of 45 Commando See 'Real Cause For Optimism' In Helmand" The Corps 0
S Real Player Bloody Computers 6
soleil Scotsman: "Transport Minister Under Fire - For Real" The Corps 4
golden_rivet THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT TUITION FEES - your thoughts please Current Affairs 197
soleil Mail: "Terror, not war, is our real priority" Current Affairs 18
soleil Telegraph: "Real Test Will Come When The Next Shock Arrives" Current Affairs 15
2_deck_dash Turns out the real World is pretty shite after all. Diamond Lil's 21
H MPs' Not Real Medals (Merged Outrage Bus Trips) Current Affairs 28
sgtpepperband Think of a real person or character... The Internet - Best and Worst 12
Blackrat Tramps. The Real Vermin? Diamond Lil's 17
Clown_Puncher Be prepared: The real threat. Diamond Lil's 48
daffy1 **** Rambo, these guys are the real deal. Diamond Lil's 5
R Real Madrid? Sports and Adventure Training 25
W real newbie (medic) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
trehorn THE REAL FIELD GUN COMPETITION Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
A Starting to sound like a real Navy!! The Gash Barge 4
J Real 1.5mile Run Times The Gash Barge 60
Naval_Gazer Will the real "Prawo Jazdy" please stand up Diamond Lil's 0
T Orchadian Real Ale might be banned... for promoting violence Diamond Lil's 5