Real Life Getting In the Way

slim

War Hero
Good morning RumRationers.
This will be my last post for some time.
I am not leaving RR unless of course I get banned
I am not throwing my toys out of my pram just taking a sabatical
Hopefully this will allow the site to recover, and return to it's old well run self, however I have my doubts.
Until then ROMFT will heve to be my stomling ground

taffscrivs

War Hero
Levers, take this as you will, my observation of this farce is that it was a three sided affair, you were all party to downright vindictive behavior and all of you should stay off the site until the dust settles.
I realise that I have probably made myself a target for a tirade of abuse from certain quarters by making this observation but I care not, it is my take on the recent feeds of shit posted by the three concerned on this site
and I for one am glad it seems to have come to an end.

D

Deleted 493

Levers, take this as you will, my observation of this farce is that it was a three sided affair, you were all party to downright vindictive behavior and all of you should stay off the site until the dust settles.
Not really scrivs. My mission was to challenge Slim and Sumo's POV about Brexit, which I suspected was based on racist instinct, bigotry and ignorance. It was exactly that. They didn't like that of the continued humiliation, so with a few others, they started digging out personal information on me. That isn't really nice, is it? Especially when Sumo starts with the stuff involving y family. It's mainly all out there scrivs, a few mouse clicks and I could easily have information on you which if I started plastering all over here you'd be most displeased and possibly want to put a dent in my existence. Especially if you don't want it out there. Such is how they work. And Sumo has been banned before with exactly the same profile of behaviour. Slim's excluded from other service based forums too. There's a pattern here.

I realise that I have probably made myself a target for a tirade of abuse from certain quarters by making this observation but I care not, it is my take on the recent feeds of shit posted by the three concerned on this site
and I for one am glad it seems to have come to an end.
Agreed. Long may it last. We can debate, we can disagree but it doesn't need to descend to that.

levers

fishhead

War Hero
. I have let this go on far too long, ss you correctly say. My mistake for believing that certain individuals would realise this.

levers
Spot on. There was an opportunity to kill this situation stone dead several weeks ago. I am not wise after the event as I hinted back then it was getting too much.
We are where we are for the present but I think substantial damage has been done in the short term. We can't wind back the clock but we can learn how quickly things stray from the acceptable.

Spot on. There was an opportunity to kill this situation stone dead several weeks ago. I am not wise after the event as I hinted back then it was getting too much.
We are where we are for the present but I think substantial damage has been done in the short term. We can't wind back the clock but we can learn how quickly things stray from the acceptable.
Indeed, no winners imo...

D

Deleted 493

Indeed, no winners imo...
I've always maintained there's no winners. I don't feel particularly good at having to kick their arses off here. They (well, Slim, anyway) are ex-matelots, and this place should be for them.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

levers

WreckerL

War Hero
I've always maintained there's no winners. I don't feel particularly good at having to kick their arses off here. They (well, Slim, anyway) are ex-matelots, and this place should be for them.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

levers
Whats happened to your avatar?