Real Life Getting In the Way

slim

War Hero
Has anyone else noted that there seems to be a shortage of Active MODs on RR.
They have not retired but many have not posted anything in over 12 months

D

Deleted 493

I will be issuing more warnings if this continues.

If you have complaints, use the correct methods.

levers

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Is there a problem with my statement?
It's all just ******* childish don't you think?Stop ******* crying about moderators. It's life in a chat room. Deal with it. All this 'its only a joke/wind' up is just ******* bollocks. You know it, Sumo knows it, levers knows it, everyone who has a modicum of intelligence knows it.

slim

War Hero
It's all just ******* childish don't you think?Stop ******* crying about moderators. It's life in a chat room. Deal with it. All this 'its only a joke/wind' up is just ******* bollocks. You know it, Sumo knows it, levers knows it, everyone who has a modicum of intelligence knows it.
Dapper
I think that you have just put it in a nutshell. :)

guns1969

Lantern Swinger
This site has gone to rat-shit. Where has all the joviality and 'jack' humour gone ?

D

Deleted 493

This site has gone to rat-shit. Where has all the joviality and 'jack' humour gone ?
'Jack humour' and 'joviality', no problem.

Racism and bigotry, nope. And then when it turns personal to the point your own family members are being namechecked and threads descend into drips about moderators then summat needs to be done. Sumo is history, Slim needs to think seriously about where his intent is going. Warnings have been issued.

levers

D

Deleted 493

Dapper
I think that you have just put it in a nutshell. :)
So heed his comments, please. Argue constructively on Brexit (many on here do) stop the ******* racist, bigoted, 'I fink, me, right' and steering everything toward immigrants and not able to substantiate it, and the British Military Humour Facebook crap and play the game. Or you are welcome to sod off to ROMFT where your freedoms are so much more developed (although you're having a tough time at the moment on there, aren't you?)

levers

guns1969

Lantern Swinger
'Jack humour' and 'joviality', no problem.

Racism and bigotry, nope. And then when it turns personal to the point your own family members are being namechecked and threads descend into drips about moderators then summat needs to be done. Sumo is history, Slim needs to think seriously about where his intent is going. Warnings have been issued.

levers
I agree that when it gets personal, it is 'Not On'. As fo the drips about Mods, maybe they are valid ?
As it has all gone over my head and become a bore, I will remain sitting on the fence.

D

Deleted 493

I agree that when it gets personal, it is 'Not On'. As fo the drips about Mods, maybe they are valid ?
As it has all gone over my head and become a bore, I will remain sitting on the fence.
They can take their drips to the Admins and not make every post a pile on. As it is, Sumo failed to heed the warnings and has now become a martyr. It didn't need to be like this at all.

As for valid, the guidance and regulations are pretty much there. Moderators have the last word (which is why they are there) I'd rather Slim, Sumo and some others stayed on RR, but when they continue to make things significantly difficult both for themselves and for others, it's hard to see why they want to remain on here and maybe ROMFT is the right place for them.

levers

guns1969

Lantern Swinger
They can take their drips to the Admins and not make every post a pile on. As it is, Sumo failed to heed the warnings and has now become a martyr. It didn't need to be like this at all.

As for valid, the guidance and regulations are pretty much there. Moderators have the last word (which is why they are there) I'd rather Slim, Sumo and some others stayed on RR, but when they continue to make things significantly difficult both for themselves and for others, it's hard to see why they want to remain on here and maybe ROMFT is the right place for them.

levers
I gave you a like for that, and would also like the miscreants to stay on this site as they have given me plenty of laughs between them since I have been on the site.

I remain sitting on the fence.

Both Guns Empty !

Ballistic

War Hero
I gave you a like for that, and would also like the miscreants to stay on this site as they have given me plenty of laughs between them since I have been on the site.

I remain sitting on the fence.

Both Guns Empty !
Hmmm...

Obviously I'm not 100% on what has happened in the background other than the thread I started for fun ,(started, not owned) got locked.

I'm going with "Left gun empty, right gun half cocked" ;)

(I did a bit of Mk6 as well as well as Mk8) :D

fishhead

War Hero
It was obvious to myself some time ago where all conversations were heading. I did suggest most of us were bored with it but some parties decided they were having too good a time to desist. Now some players have been sent off for bad behavior. While this is apparently according to the "rules" I think their have been no winners as the forum has lost regular posters on which is often quiet anyway.
If you are both a player and a referee I think you have a responsibility to everyone to have the foresight to see when things are getting out of hand way before you start waving the yellow card never mind showing the red.

It was obvious to myself some time ago where all conversations were heading. I did suggest most of us were bored with it but some parties decided they were having too good a time to desist. Now some players have been sent off for bad behavior. While this is apparently according to the "rules" I think their have been no winners as the forum has lost regular posters on which is often quiet anyway.
If you are both a player and a referee I think you have a responsibility to everyone to have the foresight to see when things are getting out of hand way before you start waving the yellow card never mind showing the red.
Would tend to agree, however, it takes two to tango..no names no pack drills....

D

Deleted 493

And the line gets crossed a long time before I waded in. Unfortunately, if you put your head above the parapet, start posting bigoted, racist bullshit, then expect to get shot at. It isn't acceptable - anywhere - to simply, meekly sit by and allow that shit to happen and excuse it away as 'banter' and 'naval humour'. And this goes for trying to justify stuff like Brexit whilst going round the houses blaming immigrants and pretending there are other logical reasons. Either come up with the proof, or back the **** down. Then of course, the wind changes and it moves from Brexit, to what I do in my personal life, job, family, details. Has nothing to do with the debate but is 'yellow card' material straight away. I have let this go on far too long, ss you correctly say. My mistake for believing that certain individuals would realise this.

levers