Real Life Getting In the Way

Bad CO

Admin
Apologies to everyone who has contacted me in the last week or so but my life is currently in one of those manic phases which has left me zero time for RR issues. This included spending yesterday in the Sgts Mess at RM Stonehouse saying goodbye to a good friend.

I know there is a few things to sort and I will get round to them in due course. Thanks for your patience

slim

War Hero
I do hope the time in the mess was for good reasons and not a final goodby.
If the latter please accept my condolances.

Were fine here. RR is a sleepy backwater. Think HMS Troubridge,based on the Island. ;) Not like the hectic goings on next door. With The Duke trying to keep order with a chair and a whip. As was said above. Hope it wasn't a sad passing and the the day was cathartic.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sympathies to you and your muckers family.

Since the Polis have turned up I better provide a witness statement.

It started on a thread about Brexit. A couple of members were taken to school about their views and opinions by a Moderator. This rolled on back and forth becoming more and more heated as the Forrest Gump levels of stupidity increased by the members. Add in the Tommy Robinson arrogance and complete lack of self awareness by about page twenty I couldn’t hold in my laugher any more.
This thread died down despite me naughtily poking it with the laughing stick every now and then.

Some time later another brexit thread was started and it went down the well worn path with added spice. The usual levels of stupidity and arrogance were on display, but this time petted lips were wobbling and statements about how it was just a big trolling laugh were announced by the members. It then started getting more serious as the personal attacks about the moderators service and rank (Private life?) were brought into the thread. I was even laughably tagged into the thread and declared a snowflake even thou I hadn’t even posted on it at the time. My crime was I gave the members a couple of dumb icons.

Suddenly threads were being started attacking moderation and the standard sympathy attention seeking ‘should we auld farts leave’ crying thread. As I said, petted lips are wobbling at being made to look incredibly dumb over two threads.

I would also suggest there is definitely a whiff of the multiple sock puppets/swapping log ins and the resident rum ration walt at play. And lots of tears!

Other witness statements are available

slim

War Hero
Sympathies to you and your muckers family.

Since the Polis have turned up I better provide a witness statement.

It started on a thread about Brexit. A couple of members were taken to school about their views and opinions by a Moderator. This rolled on back and forth becoming more and more heated as the Forrest Gump levels of stupidity increased by the members. Add in the Tommy Robinson arrogance and complete lack of self awareness by about page twenty I couldn’t hold in my laugher any more.
This thread died down despite me naughtily poking it with the laughing stick every now and then.

Some time later another brexit thread was started and it went down the well worn path with added spice. The usual levels of stupidity and arrogance were on display, but this time petted lips were wobbling and statements about how it was just a big trolling laugh were announced by the members. It then started getting more serious as the personal attacks about the moderators service and rank (Private life?) were brought into the thread. I was even laughably tagged into the thread and declared a snowflake even thou I hadn’t even posted on it at the time. My crime was I gave the members a couple of dumb icons.

Suddenly threads were being started attacking moderation and the standard sympathy attention seeking ‘should we auld farts leave’ crying thread. As I said, petted lips are wobbling at being made to look incredibly dumb over two threads.

I would also suggest there is definitely a whiff of the multiple sock puppets/swapping log ins and the resident rum ration walt at play. And lots of tears!

Other witness statements are available
I am sure that Bad CO has the intlligence to read the posts himself and make up his own mind.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I am sure that Bad CO has the intlligence to read the posts himself and make up his own mind.
I’m sure Bad CO has the intelligence not to waste their time reading those threads. But if they did, all they needed to do is randomly pick a few pages and they’ll get the jist of my post above.

And I’ll go further and say that by the end it definitely felt like there was a ganging up on the moderator, who IMO more than held his own by his own morals, conviction and intelligence.

Sumo

War Hero
Ditto
Were fine here. RR is a sleepy backwater. Think HMS Troubridge,based on the Island. ;) Not like the hectic goings on next door. With The Duke trying to keep order with a chair and a whip. As was said above. Hope it wasn't a sad passing and the the day was cathartic.

Sumo

War Hero
Almost a witness as all the evidence keeps going walk about.

This particular post was removed very quick yesterday by ?

2 nights ago posted by ? at 10:27 PM
Your post in the thread The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW) was edited. Reason: Do yourself a big old favour, Sumo and pack it in. Or I will do this to all your posts.

Funny take the piss out of a dictating moderator and he wasn’t even mentioned in the post, must be sensitive?

Not that I called him a xenophobe, fat, thick, racist, bigot or any other plethora of insults he throws showing a complete lack of the English language, comes across as a bigoted red neck as the yanks would say.

If he had ever served on boats he would know that the MEs sleep in the swamp, but he wouldn’t obviously, he would sleep in the Wendy House with the rest of the Charge Chiefs.

What comes to mind is if you can’t take it then don’t give it and if you cannot take a joke (obviously not) you should never have joined and in your case joined again.

I know that you must be low on moderators but This? Moderator, Is none of these

What does being a moderator mean
A discussion moderator or debate moderator is a person whose role is to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion, holds participants to time limits and tries to keep them from straying off the topic of the questions being raised in the debate

If he wishes to partake in an active thread, discussion or debate, as an abusive bully, he should remove his moderator status from that thread so he cannot come down heavy handed and throw banning threats around and removing posts, not because they are offensive, (he posts most of them) or of thread but because they take the piss out of him, or disagree with his posts.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Almost a witness as all the evidence keeps going walk about.

This particular post was removed very quick yesterday by ?

2 nights ago posted by ? at 10:27 PM
Your post in the thread The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW) was edited. Reason: Do yourself a big old favour, Sumo and pack it in. Or I will do this to all your posts.

Funny take the piss out of a dictating moderator and he wasn’t even mentioned in the post, must be sensitive?

Not that I called him a xenophobe, fat, thick, racist, bigot or any other plethora of insults he throws showing a complete lack of the English language, comes across as a bigoted red neck as the yanks would say.

If he had ever served on boats he would know that the MEs sleep in the swamp, but he wouldn’t obviously, he would sleep in the Wendy House with the rest of the Charge Chiefs.

What comes to mind is if you can’t take it then don’t give it and if you cannot take a joke (obviously not) you should never have joined and in your case joined again.

I know that you must be low on moderators but This? Moderator, Is none of these

What does being a moderator mean
A discussion moderator or debate moderator is a person whose role is to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion, holds participants to time limits and tries to keep them from straying off the topic of the questions being raised in the debate

If he wishes to partake in an active thread, discussion or debate, as an abusive bully, he should remove his moderator status from that thread so he cannot come down heavy handed and throw banning threats around and removing posts, not because they are offensive, (he posts most of them) or of thread but because they take the piss out of him, or disagree with his posts.

Perhaps he wishes to be in a United States of Europe ruled by Germany, and others don`t.
(Stated by 2 German MP`s. Google is your friend)